Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do!
Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
This has felt like a really long week and I'm glad it's over really! Tomorrow I'll have a nice long lie in my bed and chill out for a bit. Maybe some nice junk food and a good book! Anyway, I'm pleased to report that I've got a decent amount of reading done this week. The books themselves weren't all a success on the enjoyment scale but I did start reducing the TBR numbers again which gets me back on track. That has made a difference to my mood. No book buys this week or downloads which also helps with the process. Overall I'm happy with the book side of things and I hope to finish another book tonight that so far has been better than the book reviews I've read of it. See my Friday Reading Roundup for details on what I've read and DNFed this week.
Chuckles Blogging World
This weekend I'm going to be busy writing book reviews and posts as well as catching up with comments and blog visits.
Book Reviews
Chuckles Mini Reviews Catchup
Regular Posts
Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
Top Ten Tuesday
Discussion Posts
Chuckles Chuntering
Constructing The Red Keep
Reading Challenges
Tackling The TBR
Films & TV
This week I've been watching a few favourite films like Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, The Prisoner of Azkaban, Deathly Hallows part 1, The Mummy, Jurassic Park.
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
Currently Reading/Up Next
I had hoped to read Let's Pretend but there has been a delay in the book coming from an Amazon seller which is frustrating. I still hope to read it this week if it arrives. After that, I might try a few new authors and short stories.




I’m glad you had a good reading week. Enjoy your junk food!
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
I have chocolate chip cookies with my name on them! I'll munch into them as I read!
DeleteHope you enjoy Let's Pretend. I loved it. Don't you hate it when things get delayed? Hope you have a very relaxed and chilled weekend.
ReplyDeleteIt arrived today! I'll be starting it as soon as I finish Crimes Against Magic, hopefully getting that done tonight! I might get this new book started tomorrow with any luck.
DeleteI saw you had quite a few DNF's but a book cleared is still progress right?? lol
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend :-)
Karen @ For What It's Worth
As far as I'm concerned, every book off the pile is a good thing, whether it is DNF or a finished read!
DeleteWith books that you dnf, do you chuck everything by the author, or keep on giving them a chance?
ReplyDeleteBookstooge.wordpress.com
If a writer has published a lot of books I tend to give them a few tries especially if they write horror, as each plot is so different. If it is apocalypse, an author might write three or four different series so I might try the first of each series. But if I've tried three or four books by the author and most or all are DNFs then it's time to call it a day! You can only waste so much time on an author, y'know?
DeleteI hope you enjoy staying in bed, and that you find a fantastic book to pass the time.
ReplyDeleteYeah it didn't go according to plan! I woke up at eight thirty and couldn't get back to sleep!
DeleteI hope you enjoy Let's Pretend This Never Happened. I think I liked it a bit better then the 2nd book so I'll be curious to see your thoughts. Yay for reducing the TBR pile even if they weren't all winners!
ReplyDeleteA lot of people seemed to like the first book better than the second so that's a pretty good omen for me, having enjoyed the second so much! I'm always pleased when I get a DNF as it means a quick drop in the TBR!
DeleteI plan to just chill out for the next three days since I finally have some time off from work. I have several books just waiting for me!
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy your bit of down time-you work so hard that you deserve it!
DeleteYeay for getting some reading done and tackling the TBR once more.
ReplyDeleteMine just keeps growing... :/
A long road ahead but a few books dealt with is better than a kick in the teeth! The weekend saw me reading nothing and now I've picked up Harry Potter again! I'm letting myself read one, then when I deal with another ten books, I can read The Chamber of Secrets!
DeleteA day in bed with books and junk food sounds lovely! You are doing such a good job at reducing your tbr pile!
ReplyDeleteI ended up waking up at eight thirty and just getting up! So much for the long lie eh!
Delete