Saturday, 30 July 2016

Stacking the Shelves #142


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
     
So another week has passed...seriously can you believe that July is ending and the Olympics are around the corner? I'm so looking forward to that! It'll keep me amused while I blog! This week I did a bit more reading and finished a few books and abandoned a few more so progress was certainly made. The new computer is fully up and running and I finally got news about the blood tests. The kidney test is still slightly off but I don't need it checked for another three months so I can forget about it for a while. Still having a few insomnia issues but I do get that quite often and just need to put up with it.
 
On the book buying side of things, I did grab some more freebies but it'll be a few weeks before they make it to STS! I'm still adding books from that massive retail therapy grabathon that I did! There are some great urban fantasy covers this week and I am so keen to get reading them! I'm not sure what to read next but I'll decide that as I go along.
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
   
 









16 comments:

  1. Some nice covers this week, Chuck. I'm going to have to check out DaCosta, Bristow, and Blackwood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty pleased with the covers and the sound of the plots too! Lets hope we both enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. Yay for getting your computer up and running! That's one less thing to worry about. This year has flown by so far hasn't it? I am glad to hear that your test came out close to normal. Enjoy your all of new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to enjoy all the new books! Hopefully I can relax and forget about blood tests for a while!

      Delete
  3. Great haul! I hope you enjoy your books.
    Diane @ Diane’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I enjoy them as well! I have high hopes for some of them at least...

      Delete
  4. So many amazing books. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace...I'm looking forward to getting stuck into them!

      Delete
  5. You are right about some great urban fantasy grabs. So many great covers. I own magic of the gargoyles. I have a thing for gargoyles in books. I think they are so darn cute. Glad the tests were ok and hope the insomnia passes soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week is going to be full of hard work to get things done so I can relax and enjoy the Olympics. Not sure about fitting in much reading but I'll try! I love the urban fantasy covers-it makes you want to read them all!

      Delete
  6. All those titles look great! I love Urban Fantasy. I will check these out and add them to my GoodReads TBR. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since I grabbed a big pile of UF like this with so many new authors...it's exciting! I'm looking forward to a nice mass reading winter!

      Delete
  7. I really like the theme of covers there :) Glad the tests are okay for now. That's a relief. Take care and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding so many great sounding books at the moment! I'm going to work hard on clearing the pile this winter as I've had no restraint this year! You know what it's like with tests-the doctor says try not to worry but I had kidney failure as a kid so hearing that there is a slight issue with one of the kidney tests is a worry. Still, if it was that serious I guess I wouldn't be waiting 3 months for more tests!

      Delete
  8. I don't watch the Olympics, but I hope you'll enjoy them. And that's good news about your computer and the blood test. I like a good urban fantasy book, so I hope you'll enjoy these. I've only read Darkness watching from the ones you listed here and I though it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll enjoy some of them! I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks relaxing in front of the TV. I need it after the DIY nightmare today!

      Delete