Sunday, 10 July 2016

Book Review: 30 Minute Plan by Gerald Dean Rice

It's the dusk of the zombie apocalypse. What's left of mankind is huddled in the husks of the cities of the world. There are fewer of the walking dead, but they are just as dangerous as ever. After scientists come up with the brilliant idea of scent-marking them something goes wrong and a soldier is taken. When a fellow 'dog' decides to take matters into his own hands to rescue his comrade he finds the living dead have changed for the worse.

My Review: 
When you abandon a story less than 50 pages, you know you are in trouble!

In this book, groups of soldiers are sent out to scent mark groups of zombies with different fruit flavours. (Yes I am serious!) I'm still not really sure WHY this is being done or what the scientists gain from this but it puts soldiers into danger. When a friend of our hero Danton doesn't return from this mission, Danton decides that his friend's lemon smelling scent thing might protect him from the lemon zombies in that area and goes off to try and rescue him. (I'm not making this up I swear!!!) WTF???

Danton of course is in danger from all the scented zombies in their different groups and his own soldiers will also shoot him so I have no idea why this idiot is out there except that he is a twonk of the highest order. The plot is barmy, the things in Danton's head are very weird and even after reading most of it, I had no clue what the hell was meant to be happening!


Zombies wandering around in gangs of bon bon flavours? Puts me in mind of those dumb fairy liquid ads...though I bet those zombies don't have hands as soft as their faces however lemony they smell! 
star rating photo: 1 star orange-1star.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment