Saturday, 9 July 2016

Stacking the Shelves #139


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
        
I didn't post last week as I thought my computer was going in to get sorted on Monday, leaving me struggling to visit blogs and reply to comments-but the shop is closed for a week because the guy is on holiday. I'm hoping to get it sorted this week but I refuse to miss another STS post! I'll be trying to visit everyone and answer most comments today and Sunday, and then answer anyone else before next weekend. I can't be bothered with all this nonsense again but the cheaper model I got is just not fit for purpose so I need it upgraded. Grrr.

On the gardening front it has been raining so much that we've only been able to get the hedge cut along with some bushes and tree branches hanging into the garden. We need to look at getting stuff done indoors if the weather doesn't improve. I want all the heavy work done before the winter so I can just read and watch films and TV series! On the reading side of things, this last 2 weeks have been a big improvement and I'm back reading fiction again! Yea! Zombies!!! I've also bought some exciting looking books online for ereaders and in paperback. Time to share them with you...

DOWNLOADS:







PAPERBACKS:





26 comments:

  1. Get a Twitter and a Bloglovin set up - it makes commenting and following blogs set up using different platforms so much easier!

    You've got some amazing looking books this week, it; going to keep you busy!

    I'm a new followerr :)
    Here's my haul
    And here is my blogoversary giveaway as well! Help me celebrate six years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following you back on Bloglovin...nice to meet you Jade!

      Delete
  2. So many zombies! :-) Ha! Hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always need to grab more for my zombie fix!

      Delete
  3. Those 2 Spark books look interesting, and I'm pretty sure I have The Demonists somewhere in my TBR pile as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the author of the Sparks books before so that should be exciting...I like finding untried authors!

      Delete
  4. I see you finally got The Demonist - hope you love it as much as I did. I just read The Hatching and will have my review up next week - it's a horror about a spider apocalypse basically and I think you would like it as well. I am pretty sure I own that Crane book, and I'm going to have to check out the Pine one because...dog on the cover! I have been having Kindle issues and may have to get a new one (current one is 5 years old) so I can feel you computer issues. Booker T thanks you for all the well wishes and he and Cassius said send Auntie Chuckles sloppy doggy kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sloppy dog kisses happily received!

      Ooh spider apocalypse!!! I'm scared rigid of the pesky things but I love reading about them! There are not enough spider and dinosaur books...Yep I couldn't resist the Demonist any longer. I admit it, I lack restraint but I figured I'd buy it eventually so why not just get it now...

      Delete
  5. You got me thinking of making home improvements to gear up for a cozy Fall/Winter reading zone. Glad you were able to get more zombies. Called looks like an interesting one in this bunch. Have a good week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate decorating but the house is in need of a cheerful facelift! It's moving all the furniture that is the biggest headache when we have such a small house! I want to get on to it this week but my dad keeps dragging his feet on it.

      Delete
  6. Those Dark Magic Enforcer books look pretty good. I think I would like them! :D

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look interesting don't they? I'm excited by a few new series that I grabbed this week! Hopefully at least a few will be really good!

      Delete
  7. You got some interesting books this week. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! I've read a couple of them-Zombie Hospital and Zombie Wars Online and liked them. Hope the rest are good too!

      Delete
  8. Nice haul! Have a great week.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  9. The Spark series looks really fun! Your kind of lucky that it rains. In California it doesn't rain from May to October. It is bone dry where I live right now. So no garden for me this year. Hopefully the drought will be over in a few years... Maybe I need to read some of your Prepper books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the rain usually...but we have ground to a halt with getting anything productive done in two months-and that includes inside the house. But I'm certainly glad not to have a hot climate and risk of fires. I have a prepper bookshelf on Goodreads you can check out! Just look up chucklesthescot!

      Delete
  10. Ooh, The Demonists, I've been considering picking that up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to Barb and a couple of other sightings of this book on blogs I just HAD to get it! I'm hoping I like it as it sounds so good!

      Delete
  11. Nice haul, hope you get your computer problems sorted out! I might check out Hope, I read a book by Hopf a couple of years back and it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope to get it put in tomorrow or Tuesday and I'm dreading more waiting, more money and more stress!!! Grr. I wish I had my old XP back even if it was a bit slow!

      Delete
  12. Ooooh look at that great haul.
    Looks sooo awesome.
    I hope you will enjoy them all while reading.

    here is my sts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited by the books this week! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  13. You picked up some pretty amazing looking books. I'll have to look into a few of them.

    Well, there will be a lot to do on the gardening front to keep you busy when the rain stops. ;) And bummer to hear he was on holiday last week. Hope he can get your computer right in and right as rain quick for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get the computer in today with any luck. I had hoped to be further along on the gardening and house DIY stuff by July...I'd hoped to have everything done by August! Not going to happen!

      Delete