Saturday, 27 June 2015

Stacking the Shelves #90


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
           
So it's that time of the week again. I've been really busy with clearing out years of junk from the house but I didn't get as much done as I hoped so next week will be busy again I think. My back is just ready to give way...still it needs to be done. We plan to get the last of the redecorating done so we can replace the horrible carpet downstairs. Then things might look a bit better! My family are all hoarders so none of us wanted to tackle all the bags and boxes of junk-now I feel it needs to be done. Ugh. And sadly we didn't find any antique heirlooms!

On the book side of things I have got lots of reading done, tackling all those free zombie books I picked up earlier in the year, most of which have not been great due to dreadful MCs. But even if they are bad, it reduces the tbr so I'm still happy! There will be another challenge update in the next few days on the blog to let you see how I'm getting on but I'm pleased with progress so far and I'm confident of hitting my target now which is great-IF I control what I buy...On the book buying front, I had a mixed genre week which was nice!

BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:



32 comments:

  1. I heard great things about the Frater's books but I haven't read any, the others look good too. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only one I've read is The First Days, first part of a zombie trilogy. I'm waiting on books 2 and 3 from the postman so they should be on next week's STS hopefully...I've heard good things about these other zombie books and I couldn't resist!

      Delete
  2. Great haul this week, a lot of interesting looking books this week. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy with the mix of books this week and I'm hoping to get to a few over the summer!

      Delete
  3. Rhiannon Frater is supposed to be really good -- hope you enjoy those!

    Having trouble commenting today for some reason; trying a different comment profile. Thanks for dropping by breathesbooks.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read one of her books before but this series is totally new to me. I'm looking forward to reading them.

      Delete
  4. I'll be curious to hear what you think of Rhiannon Frater - I have a few of her books on my shelf, including Last Bastion, but I've yet to give her a read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already read her book 'The First Days' which I liked in spite of a really annoying character. I'm waiting on the rest of that trilogy to be delivered to me so that'll be on next week's STS!

      Delete
  5. Nice haul, Chuckles! Unhidden looks really good. Even if it's tiring and a lot of work, getting rid of things around the house that you don't really have use for anymore is a very good thing! Good luck on finishing up next week.
    Enjoy your weekend and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to start all this work around the house when the temperatures rise...I'm sweating like a horse!!!

      Delete
  6. Rhiannon Frater is such a good writer. I think she is amazing. The rest of your books look great.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of her Last Bastion books-you know me, I love my zombies!

      Delete
  7. I haven't read any of these but happy reading. Good luck with cleaning out the junk.

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's about forty years of junk to do plus redecorating the living room and sorting my hellhole bedroom...it's going to be a very tiring summer!

      Delete
  8. Nice haul! Unhidden sounds really good and I hadn't heard of that Madeleine Roux series before. I'll definitely have to check it out. I didn't have an StS post this week (even though I got lots of stuff) because I spent most of my week without power and just got it back. I explained it all HERE

    Have a great weekend!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read Allison Hewitt is trapped and liked it so I figured I better grab this one! Ugh, you've had a rotten week for sure...a nice rest from STS for a week won't do any harm. Hope things are back to normal for you soon.

      Delete
  9. I haven't heard of any of these, but I hope you enjoy them!! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite hopeful about this haul...fingers crossed!

      Delete
  10. Great haul this week! Sadie Walker is Stranded looks pretty interesting. I hope you have a great week.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the first book, Allison Hewitt is trapped. They are stand alone novels as far as I know though. Hope this is as good as the other one!

      Delete
  11. I have almost picked up Sadie Walker twice. You'll have to let me know if it's any good. Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of these books that I kept meaning to get and never got round to it so I hope it was worth the wait!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I've liked one of her zombie books but couldn't get into her vampire series for some reason.

      Delete
  13. Good luck with clearing out the junk. We cleared out some junk recently and it's nice to have it done, but it does take a lot of time and effort. I am also a bit of a hoarder and have a hard time throwing things away, I have to clean out some more soon.
    Have fun with your zombie books! I am not a fan of zombie books, although I did recently read a book with zombie like creatures that was pretty good. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a long summer...too much to do! We have cupboards to clear out, wallpaper the kitchen, paint the living room, repair three bookcases, new carpet for the floor in both rooms, get a gas fire removed, have stones laid in the garden...it's going to be a lot of work!

      Delete
  14. lol. You're adding to the TBR pile. ;D I love seeing that, as you take books off. Have a great week and hope your back feels better. Just think, you'll be able to relax and read all day to let your back recover. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, I'm adding less than I'm getting rid off for once!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. I'm a creepy kind of girl! *sniggers*

      Delete
  16. Cleaning out the house is exhausting! I hope you get some good rest this weekend. Sorry those zombie books weren't so great. Hopefully this week will be better. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew so much junk could be in one small two bedroom house! We need to get this lot cleared before we paint the walls and get in a new carpet. I don't even want to THINK about the state of the kitchen...!

      Delete