Saturday, 2 May 2015

Stacking the Shelves #82


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
   
This week we had to get a lot of things done around the house. We got decorative stones delivered for the garden to replace the grass which my dad and I are tired of cutting. As soon as we get a few nice days of weather, we'll get that done. We were also forced to go clothes shopping which I HATE normally because finding clothes that fit me are murder! I actually had a good day and grabbed 3 pairs of trousers and a nightshirt that is more like a dress! I think I might go there again next week as I had my eye on a few shirts...No day trips this week due to how cold it was most of the week. We'll see what next week has to offer.
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
 
 
BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 

24 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by your historical fiction picks! I hope you enjoy your books. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never resist new Tudor books! I managed to clear half a shelf on my bookcase by getting some Tudor books read last month-now I've bought so many new ones that I've filled the gap again! *sigh*

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of I, Jane and The Unfaithful Queen! Will check them out myself. =)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out my Tudors shelf if you are on Goodreads for more ideas!

      Delete
  3. Nice haul! Suicide Forest sounds really good. Have a great weekend! I'm actually about to leave for work, my weekend is getting a late start. Happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grabbed the two Jeremy Bates books free on Amazon a few days back. They might still be available. Ugh, most of the jobs I've had meant working weekends and holidays and I hated it!

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three Cups of Deceit was a good read-I was shocked at how that terrible conman had fleeced so many people out of money with his lies!

      Delete
  5. Your historical fiction reads look very interesting indeed. I hope you love all of your new reads.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding time to read the books will be the biggest issue I think! Oh it's great to grab a few new Tudor books, especially a couple of authors I haven't tried!

      Delete
  6. You've done well adding to the books on the Tudors this week... like your choices. Thanks for visiting my STS post https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/05/02/stacking-the-shelves-may-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been addicted to the Tudors since I read 'The Other Boleyn Girl' years back. Then I saw The Tudors TV series and I wanted to read every Tudor book out there!

      Delete
  7. Sadly to say, I have not heard of any of these books. Though your three paperback have really amazingly beautiful covers. I may check them out of goodreads before investing in them further. Thanks for sharing. I hope you enjoy your new reads and thanks for viewing my STS earlier.

    My STS
    -TopianGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a mixed bag of genres this week! I must admit, I do like a nice cover on my books!

      Delete
  8. Those Jeremy Bates books look interesting - I haven't heard much about him before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything of his either but I've been seeing Suicide Forest on a lot of blogs the last few weeks and figured I'd grab it while it was free!

      Delete
  9. Can't wait to see your thoughts on Suicide Forest. I have been thinking of getting it. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A horror freebie is always worth a grab! Two of his books were free on Amazon which means I can try his stuff risk free. Nice!

      Delete
  10. Great haul, I haven't heard of any of these but they look interesting!
    -Jon from Bookish Antics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to these reads!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I wasn't too sure about this one but it was free and I thought I'd give it a go...

      Delete
  12. Hope you enjoy your new reads. I didn't get a Sunday post up this week. (I'm slacking) I am getting tired of the constant go-go we've been doing lately. I'm ready to kick back on weekends again. Well, Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I hope this week is a bit more restful for you!

      Delete