Sunday, 10 May 2015

Cover Love: Alex Verus series by Benedict Jacka


We all love to look at our gorgeous book covers don't we? We love to browse the beautiful books on the shelves and the nicer the cover, the more likely we are to pick it up to look at the blurb, and perhaps make that purchase. So welcome to Cover Love where I will celebrate all things cover related-the best books with certain coloured covers, a series with beautiful covers, books that made me buy it based partially on the covers, great books that need better covers, covers that were better than the books and so much more!

This time I'm looking at the distinctive style of the Alex Verus books by Benedict Jacka. There are other blander versions out there but I love the covers with the the maps on it and the feel of looking at old parchment. Much more interesting!



Now lets compare these beauties to the US covers. Here is a comparison between the versions of the fourth book in the series. Ugh to the US version! Assault on the eyeballs! I'm sticking with my British beauties! But whatever covers you grab, this is a great urban fantasy series with action, humour and great characters!


4 comments:

  1. OK. I am convinced that on the whole, the US gets all the sucky covers. I love the first set so much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree-the US covers for the Morganville Vampires was horrifically bland! I LOVE these old parchment covers with maps and skylines. Can't wait to get to the series next month when I do a series catch up month!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I agree. I don't like the US version. Truthfully, I'd not even pick the book up to look at it. That cover is terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horrible isn't it? Don't publishers realise that a pretty cover and good title is what gets us to lift the book from the shelf in the first place? These horrible covers don't exactly yell 'buy me'!!!

      Delete