Tuesday, 27 August 2019

Top Ten Tuesday-Books I Want For My Personal Library

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.  http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/top-ten-tuesday/

NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. 

These are books that I want in paperback or hardback, some have not yet been released and some have not been released in paperback in the UK.

1) RL Naquin-Demons in my Driveway (Monster Haven)
Carina released this series in the US and Canada in mass market paperback but not the UK. I've managed to get the rest of the series in paperback (slowly) but this one eludes me as I'm not willing to pay £50 on Amazon marketplace for it. I've been looking for it for years to complete my set!

2) Kim Renfro-The Unofficial Guide to Game of Thrones
Due to be released at the end of October, this book is 384 pages of themes, storylines, character development, how the show was made and answers to some of the pressing questions. I'm such a fan of the show so I can never get enough of this kind of thing!

3) Judith Post-Wolf's Bane
I've read two of her three brilliant urban fantasy books in this series as ebooks. Sadly as a self published author, she has not released this particular series in paperback which is such a shame as I really want to get proper copies!

4) Anthony Seldon-May at Ten
This book comes out at the start of October but I might need to wait longer for a paperback version. It covers Theresa May's time in office as Prime Minister. I already have similar books in this series covering Gordon Brown and David Cameron in office.

5) Jim Kay-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (illustrated)
I've loved the first three gorgeous editions and it has been a long wait for this one! It is due to be released in hardback at the start of October and I'll be snapping it up as I have it already pre-ordered!

6) Alison Weir-Anna of Kleve
I really hate having to wait about a year to get the paperback version of a book I want. This is the fourth of six books about Henry VIII's Queens and I need to wait until January 2020 for it to be released!

7) Carrie Vaughn-Kitty Norville
I have read and enjoyed the series but half my collection are pretty paperbacks, and six are horrible mass market versions. I hate mixed size and covers! I'm trying to get books 4, 6, 11, 12, 13, 14 in the larger paperback but it is taking time!

8) George RR Martin-The Winds Of Winter/A Dream Of Spring
Yes I know, I know but I'm so desperate to get my hands TWOW which should cover the events of season 6 of the TV series and then A Dream of Spring. I want to see how he ties the story up and if there are any plot changes. WANT THESE NOW!

9) JK Rowling-Harry Potter prequels
I know they don't exist and probably never will but I want 7 books about James, Snape and everyone at Hogwarts and at least a trilogy about the first war between the Order and Voldemort which ends with the attack on Neville's parents. And a book on the wizard trials!

10) Game of Thrones 
There are three big behind the scenes books coming out that I have my eyes on, one about costumes, one about art and one about photography. They are big and each priced over 30 pounds so I might need to wait to get them!

14 comments:

  1. The Harry Potter book made my list even if I did slightly change it up a bit. It's kind of like books I want on my shelf, in preorder form. Hope you get all of these one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly plan to get the Harry Potter one as it has been ordered. I hope someday we'll get the GRRM books but I'm not holding my breath! I doubt there will ever be Harry Potter prequels though. I do plan to get a few of the books in paperback as they come out.

      Delete
  2. The illustrated Harry Potters are too expensive for me, so I look at them every time I go to the store. I’m excited to see the pictures in the new one!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous! My dad usually gets one of them as an early Christmas or late birthday present as they are costly.

      Delete
  3. How did you ever limit your list to ten?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to read most books and new authors on ebook if I can and then buy the books I love in paperback form. So I already have most of the books I love!

      Delete
  4. I hate when I can't get a book, because it has yet to be published in my country. There are some I still want to read, that may never come to the states. I like that you included books that you wish would be written. Maybe that wish will make its way out into the universe and come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt I'll ever see Harry Potter prequels but a girl can hope! I'm obsessed with wanting the GRRM books! Maybe as you say my wish will get it happening in the real world!

      Delete
  5. Nice list. I have some pretty expensive editions on my wish list. Probably won't ever be able to afford them, but I can dream:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of dreams about how my library would look if I won the lottery! A big huge library full of mahogany bookshelves and every book I ever wanted!

      Delete
  6. I love the illustrated Harry Potter editions. They're all just stunning. And I really need to read Alison Weir. I have several books by her on my list but have never actually read them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a lot by Alison Weir to read. Next year I really hope to get round to at least a few!

      Delete
  7. Oh yes! I want Harry Potter prequels! I'm 100% there for that. I also want the illustrated Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I have the first 3 an they're beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally selfish of JK not to write these books for us! *grins*

      Delete