Thursday, 29 August 2019

Chuckles Chuntering


I swear it is a conspiracy this summer to get me stressed beyond belief. Today was meant to be a catchup for reviews but I won't be getting anything productive done. I was looking out the window at the rain, turned around and saw the biggest spider I have ever seen in real life sitting on the wall. I totally freaked out. Luckily my dad was right there beside me but I ran from the room so he could deal with it. I refused to stay in the house after that so we went out to do some shopping to take my mind off things, which of course didn't work. Now I'm back in but my eyes are everywhere and I'm jumping at bloody shadows.

We are getting way too many of these big horrors in the house this summer and it is really getting me depressed and stressed out. I just can't DEAL with these hairy monsters. If our climate changing is making them bigger and getting more indoors, then I personally want an ice age to come along RIGHT NOW! Where is winter when you need it? Or industrial spider killer all over the garden to stop them coming near our house. Believe me, I'm looking at options so suggestions are welcome. 

I just want to go and buy twenty books to cheer myself up, I really do. Or go to my bed for a few days and not get up until my shredded nerves calm down a bit. I'm sort of leaning towards the books but I can't destroy the hard work on the TBR by blowing up my book budget over something like this. I'm signing off for the day to try and find a way to chill out. I hope you guys are all having a better day!


22 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm right there running out of the room with you!
    Spiders are fine for me when they stay outside, but indoor ones freak me out too :-(
    Hope you recover soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...spiders are for outdoors where I can avoid them if I want to! They have no right to come uninvited into my house! I'm still a nervous wreck, waiting for something else to crawl around!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ditto! Why can't they look like butterflies! I wouldn't mind them if they were pretty like that!

      Delete
  3. I'm an outlier but I'm not afraid of spiders lol There are very few insects at all out here but in FL they were everywhere and I just moved them outside.

    But I have my other 100+ fears so....I hope they stay out of your house so you can relax!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm moving next door to you right now!!! Seriously, you're lucky not to be scared of them. My phobia is really bad for my health and I know it but I just freak out when I see them. We're trying out new anti-spider sprays to stop them coming in, fingers crossed!

      Delete
  4. I feel the same way about bee's, wasps and hornets. Any of those stinging, flying monsters throw my entire day off. Spiders don't bother me as I usually pick them up and take them outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I run from wasps too! I don't like slaters, cockroaches, things with triple the amount of legs I have...oh and centipedes! They are WORSE than spiders even! I wish I had no fear of spiders.

      Delete
  5. Sorry about the spiders! I hope your weekend gets better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It pretty much has to! *grins* I am having a good reading week so I guess that is something!

      Delete
  6. I absolutely hate spiders too. Once there was a huge one sitting in our hall way. I screamed, so Eleanor screamed, and it was awful. I sprayed it with hair spray to stun it long enough to get it into a bowl, which I promptly filled with water to drown it. I CAN NOT handle big bugs. I am shivering and freaking out just typing this.

    BUT, my friend, do not go nuts on books and stop the progress you are making!! We are doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad for you and Eleanor! I lose the ability to speak and move at times when I see the damn things. I seem to just point and I can't seem to tell my dad where I see it!

      When I read your comment here, I agreed with you and stopped myself going on to Amazon as I know that a big splurge is not what I need right now! Thank you for the support!

      Delete
  7. We had a pretty big spider in my house this week as well. I don't mind spiders but I don't want them for roommates either. It is snakes that I don't do well with. One got into my office at work a few years ago and I couldn't even sleep for a week because I kept thinking that I saw them everywhere. I hope you solve your spider problem quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One good thing about the UK is the lack of snake activity. My dad and I have never seen one except in a zoo! My uncle has seen an adder the odd time on his fishing trips. I sort of have two options-buy a different spider spray or move to Antarctica. If there were houses for sale of Antarctica...

      Delete
  8. So I guess you answered my question in the previous post. I hope it doesn't make a repeat appearance. I think we had a opossum on the back porch last night because something tore into the bird seed and drug it across the entire length. I hope not - we used to have one, Otis and he was a GIANT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dad killed it pretty good! I insisted that he wore thick gloves in case it was one that bites, just to be sure. We get the odd fox in the garden but nothing destructive like that!

      Delete
  9. I hate spiders too. No matter their size. But those big ones are the stuff of nightmares and horror stories! I recently had one in my house. Just as I realized what kind I was, too late I'd already squashed it with a flyswatter. It had a bunch of babies on it's back and they went all over the place. Had to chase them down too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I could never live in Australia! Those huntsmen spiders are the size of dinner plates!!! I saw a horrific video of one on YouTube and it's legs stretched to all sides of a toilet seat! I had nightmares for weeks!!! The thought of the babies on a spider's back makes me feel queasy!

      Delete
  10. Sorry to hear things are going so rough. I do want to encourage you to keep your tbr numbers shrinking. You can do it!
    :-D

    Bookstooge.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sort of taking everything personally right now and wallowing in self pity and feeling sorry for myself! It's a bit pathetic but I'll enjoy it!

      Delete
  11. I'm not a spider fan either, Chuckles! I swear that they're even bigger down south... I'd never seen spiders so big living back home! I think heat or something turns them into mutants. Thankfully, I've got cats who LOVE hunting spiders so if I see one I literally point it out to the cat and she's on a mission. That, or I scream and complain until the husband removes it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about English spiders being bigger! I worked down in Sussex for 6 months and a few of the big bampots in the house there were horrific!!! Maybe I should get a cat like yours! Or move to northern Iceland or Antarctica where you don't get them!

      Delete