Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do!
Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
Another week of stress and upheaval. My final dentist appointment was cancelled as my crown isn't ready and now my dentist is on holiday! Need to wait a few weeks for it all to be done which is annoying but it's not a disaster. Then there was the big hairy spider that scared the crap out of me yesterday, so I was up all night reading as I couldn't face putting the lights out. The good news is that I'm going to actually get everything on my summer reading list looked at before the end of tomorrow! I'm on the last two, one of which I'll finish tonight and it gives me all day and night tomorrow to finish the longer one. Then I'll be ready to launch my Autumn Reading List which gets a final check today to ensure I'm happy with the books chosen!
I resisted going on a mad buying spree yesterday to calm myself so I'm pleased with the restraint shown for once! I hope I have a more productive week ahead as I need to get my mind back on track. The good thing is that it has been a great bunch of books I've read over the last week or so which always motivates me! I hope you guys are doing well with any summer challenges that are finishing this weekend.
PAPERBACKS/HARDBACKS
Chuckles Blogging World
It's been a right up and down week for trying to get stuff done-nothing but upheaval getting in my way and annoying me! I really hope for a quiet and stress free week next week!``
Book Reviews
Philip Boeselager-Valkyrie
JR Tate-Drought Warning (Damaged Climate #2)
JR Tate-Blizzard Warning (Damaged Climate #3)
Lee Dunter-Crowded Yet Desolate
Alan Spencer-Space Sharks
Chuckles Mini Reviews Catchup
Regular Posts
Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
Top Ten Tuesday
Books From The Backlog
Discussion Posts
Chuckles Chuntering
Book Challenges
none this week, updates tomorrow
Films & TV
I seem to have been watching the Jurassic Park films over and over this week while getting some reading done! No other new films watched though.
Chuckles Film Reviews
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
Currently Reading/Up Next
A great reading week! I read the three I'd selected for this week-X Variant and HVLA being very good but quickly DNFing Flicker, and also read Damoren. I've started My Lady of Cleves and Joshua and the Lightning Road and will finish both by bedtime tomorrow! Next up I'm starting a new reading challenge so I have 100 books to pick from and I'm having trouble choosing!!!





So maybe it was the spider's goal to motivate you so you'd get your list done - he did manage to provide you with some extra reading time. I hope you managed to dispose of it so it couldn't come back. Congrats on reaching your goal and sorry about the dental set-back.
ReplyDeleteI set my dad on the spider. It was way too big for me to get within ten metres of it! It never moved until he squashed it so he reckoned it was actually asleep at the time *shudders* We're trying out some spray thing that is meant to stop them coming in your house. If it works, I'll buy tons of it!!!
DeleteYou did good in practicing restraint after that spider incident. I know how hard you've been working on your TBR:)
ReplyDeleteMy fingers are still twitching and wanting to buy but I better wait until October when all the books I want come out!
DeleteYou are having some serious spider problems! That's so annoying about the dentist but hopefully it'll all get fixed up soon. That's great that you have a good reading week! I hope that you have a great week! And one with no more spiders.
ReplyDeleteThese big huge things usually live at the bottom of the garden (where I never venture!) around the garden hut. It's so weird for them to come inside like this. Guess they hate the summer heat as much as I do!
DeleteI read the three books for the Dog Days of Summer challenge and I'm impressed with myself lol I'm so bad with reading challenges.
ReplyDeleteKaren @ For What It's Worth
I always find I'm so excited preparing for challenges and selecting the books but when the challenge starts I can find it difficult to keep going! Congratulations on your Dog Days reads!
DeleteSorry about the delay with your crown, but YEAH! for getting to everything on your summer reading list.
ReplyDeleteIt's been delayed again to the 19th of the month...gah!
DeleteAt least you got reading done, but I shudder re: the spider! Yeeek.
ReplyDeleteWhy can't spiders look like butterflies and most of us would like them!
DeleteIt's frustrating that your crown was delayed... That was to be the end of your treatment, wasn't it?
ReplyDeleteI find it fascinating the way you can create a reading list and stick to it. I love my lists but when it comes to reading putting something on one is like a curse. The second the title is jotted down I'm resistant to reading it! It's so strange but oh well.
I'm failing my reading challenges at this point. I need a concentrated effort to beast them before the end of the year. My summer challenges were even more disastrous!
Yeah this was my last appointment! Now it has been put back again to the 19th so it's getting annoying! Still, I won't need a check up until nearly spring which cheers me up! For some reason I stuck to this full reading list and I think it was the mix of genres that did it. I felt motivated most of the time until I got to those last few as my brain was already off thinking about the autumn books!
DeleteI have faith in you for your challenges! Four months to go gives you time to get there. Good luck!
I hope that there have no additional spider sightings! At least you were able to complete your reading list. I hope you are able to finish your dental work very soon. Enjoy your new books and have a great week!
ReplyDeleteThe media cheered me up no end by reminding us that huge spiders will invade our houses in September to mate. Gee thanks for that!!!
Delete