Friday, 23 August 2019

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
OK I'm a bad Chuckles...I had a stressful week and I had a book splurge, I admit it! I'm calling it a birthday present to myself as I never bought myself anything for that at the time earlier this month! On Monday I had prep work done for a crown which I didn't much enjoy. On Wednesday night the dentist called me to ask me to come in Thursday to get the impression done again as it wasn't 100%. He decided to fit the completed half of he crown which didn't need anaesthetic-but suddenly it was HURTING! He was puzzled but gave me an injection to find out what was causing it and found a fragment of broken tooth stuck in the gum. That explains why that gum has been so sensitive recently! It never showed up on the XRay because this sliver was sitting sideways. Anyway it has been removed and I get the second part done next Thursday. I can do without this stress!!!

So Chuckles felt a bit sorry for herself and in a moment of weakness I bought a pile. They were bought Amazon marketplace, a few from the US so they'll arrive over the next few weeks which reduces the blow a bit! I'll add them to Goodreads as they arrive. Now these are books I read and enjoyed as a kid so basically they can skip the TBR until I do a re-read and review them properly...*ahem* . This is what we call 'creative accounting'!!! I've been tired this week so not as much reading as I hoped but the books have been better! I have six books left on my summer reading list and another eight days to read-can I get them done???!!!

PAPERBACKS/HARDBACKS
 
 
 

 
Chuckles Blogging World 
A busy week in the land of Chuckles! I've started the nightmare project of filling in 160 blank spaces in my Goodreads reviews. To do that I need to skim through the books on this list that I still own and take notes, then write the reviews. As a back up I'm going to put them up on the blog as well in case they vanish on Goodreads, which some certainly have. It is going to take forever to do this and stay caught up on my reviews of recently read books. I also have to construct reviews of books I no longer have, which will be a riot!
 
Book Reviews 
 Didn't get time for much this week so need to get some done over the weekend.

Chuckles Mini Reviews Catchup
 
Retro Rescued Reviews #1

Regular Posts
 
Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup

Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Top Ten Tuesday

Books From The Backlog

Discussion Posts
 
Tackling the TBR-A Survivor's Story!

Goodreads Gap Filling Project
 
Book Challenges 
 
Tackling The TBR

Chuckles Summer Reading List

Reading Challenge Update
 
Films & TV
I watched the start of Ashes Test Match number three yesterday and will watch day two today. I've watched a couple of my Jurassic Park films for fun and I watched the first four episodes of season one of Continuum which was strangely compelling! I'll certainly watch the rest of that series when time allows. I also fitted in a review of a couple of films.

Chuckles Film Reviews
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards 
 
Favourite Books A-Z Book Tag

Currently Reading/Up Next
I've just finished up with The Queen's Mistake and the Montauk Monster and I have six books I want to read before the month ends. These are three of them!
 
 

12 comments:

  1. That's horrible about the dental work. Glad they found that sliver or think of what else could have happened. I think you're totally justified in splurging. I kind of did too. After all the stress with the truck I couldn't help it! Hope you have a better week and you can totally finish your reading goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty unpleasant for sure! I'm glad he found it but I'm crapping myself for this final appointment next week to finish the crown! I agree stress=spendy! I treated myself to the Black Stallion books that I regretted getting rid of! I need to get some good reading done tonight!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you earned the spurge! Some good ones too. I had something similar happen with a broken tooth. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first pain I've had in the treatment and it had me shaking when I got out of the place! I had tremors in my jaw and I thought I was going to bite my tongue off at one point! I certainly earned a few books!

      Delete
  3. Everyone needs a book splurge now and again, especially if you didn't treat yourself when it was your birthday.

    Ouch on the tooth fragment! I'm glad they found it though and you're not left with unexplained pain for a long time.

    Enjoy your new books when they arrive and on hitting the last books on the summer reading list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt that area sore when he was polishing it so now it all kind of makes sense! I'm glad he found it and got it out. I'm really nervous about next week's appointment though! Hopefully the reading will be a distraction!

      Delete
  4. You poor dear. You totally deserved some new books to sooth your tooth pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure I earned it this week! It's a pretty good excuse anyway!

      Delete
  5. Enjoy the new books! Boo on the dental issues. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuck. That dental work sounds awful. I hope the books made you feel better!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could have been a lot worse-my dad has real horror stories about his past dentists so I've been pretty lucky!

      Delete