Friday, 16 August 2019

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
This has been a really stressful ten days. The highlight of it was the dental extraction! I'm not kidding! Constant tech issues with the blog and Twitter, the weather not letting us get out to the garden, my dad not feeling well last week, me not feeling great because of a medication change...Yesterday was finally dry so I went out to get another section of fence painted but I was constantly under attack by a wasp which saw me running around the garden waving a paintbrush and screaming! Last night to cap it all, there were TWO big spiders in my bedroom that my dad had to deal with and I was sitting up with the light on all night, unable to sleep and seeing shadows everywhere. It hasn't been fun. I'm feeling like a really grumpy Chuckles right about now! GRRR!

I am waiting for an amazon package which I hope will cheer me up! You know how I love my dinosaurs right? Well over the last five years we went on holiday a few times in the Lancashire/Cumbria area and there was a lovely wildlife zoo. In the gift shop they sell wonderful dinosaur models and I bought a triceratops, stegosaurus, T Rex and brachiosaur. They were expensive but the money goes to caring for the animals. Turns out these same models are on Amazon (and cheaper!) so I treated myself to a Velociraptor, Dimetrodon, Pteranodon and Spinosaurus! I'm excited to get them and wish the delivery would hurry up! Quiet on the book buying side of things though. These are books I'd already bought but forgot to add to TBR so I'm gradually putting a list together to work from!

PAPERBACKS



Chuckles Blogging World
I've been busy on the computer this week. I noticed that a lot of reviews I posted on Goodreads seem to have vanished so I've started filling in those gaps by copying reviews from my blog to Goodreads. There are also books with no review from before my blog existed which I need to post some kind of review for. Easy to flick through the books if I still have a copy and take some notes, but not for the books I got rid of! *sighs* Another time consuming task that I've been putting off for ages but needs to be done! I'm also making the final choices for my Autumn Reading List which starts on September 1st!
 
Book Reviews 
 
Chuckles Mini Reviews Catchup

Jaye Wells-Silver Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane #4)
 
Jaye Wells-Blue Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane #5)

Regular Posts
 
Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup

Around The Blogs With Chuckles
 
Top Ten Tuesday
 
Books From The Backlog

Discussion Posts
 
Chuckles Chuntering

Book Challenges
 
Tackling The TBR

Films & TV
I've been watching the Ashes cricket during the day. Had a bit of a Jurassic Park/World marathon this week and enjoyed watching them all again plus finally getting around to watching Fallen Kingdom! FUN!
 
Chuckles Film Reviews
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards 
none this week
 
Currently Reading/Up Next 
I haven't loved anything I've read recently which has been a bit disappointing! DMZ was decent but had annoying characters, Carrion Shadows wasn't great, Yuma's characters drove me mad, I DNFed Waxing Deadly because I HATED the MC! Ugh I just want a really GREAT book to motivate me to finish up my summer reads! I have nine to try to read before the end of the month so I'll give that a go!
 

16 comments:

  1. Curious for your thoughts on The Shuddering. I have several of the authors books but haven't read any of them yet. So sorry it's been a trying week. I really do hope you Dad is doing better. And spiders! They don't really terrify me, you know I'm more of an I hate Snakes kind of person, but Mr. Barb hates them! He once used a whole can of hair spray killing one. He sprayed until it couldn't move anymore. Hope they stay away from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't put the light out and sleep last night either! It's like a kid thinking that if the light is on, the monster can't come and get you! I did get a few more hours of reading done through the early hours so I guess that is some kind of plus. Stupid hairy things!!! The Shuddering was ok-the bits with the monsters are good and well written but it is padded out with a lot of relationship angst that was a bit dull. It was ok, good in bits but I did expect more from it.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an awful week! Definitely the perfect week to treat yourself to the dinosaur models. Hope they come soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It continued this morning when I lost the internet for four hours just when I was ready to get on with a pile of stuff! The dinosaurs came yesterday and they look great!

      Delete
  3. You know it's been a bad week when the dentist was your high point lol

    I'm hoping things turn around for you.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that is pretty grim isn't it! I need a good few nights sleep and a few 5 star books to get me back on track!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear last week was pants. Hopefully this one is a better week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I'm getting prep work for a crown at the dentist so that should be fun!

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about your week. I hope next week is much better. Fingers crossed your models come soon. You must have great patience to put them together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah they aren't glue together models. I would never have the patience to do that! These are sculpted strong models of dinosaurs that you just buy intact.

      Delete
  6. OOOH! I want to see photos of the dinos when you get the next ones! I bet Eleanor would love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my own Lost World thing going on! I'll get a few photos up hopefully next week!

      Delete
  7. I hate spiders, but my current job is curing my fear of them. The buildings I work in are full of bugs. It’s gross. I either have to kill the bugs or work around them. I hope this week is better for you!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't deal with stupid bugs...I'm hopeless! Spiders just really ruin my day!

      Delete
  8. I am sorry that you have had a bad week. Spiders don't bother me but I don't want them in the house anyway. I am glad that your dental work went well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If spiders looked like butterflies I'd have no problems with them! Just the crown fitting and I'm done with the dentist!

      Delete