Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do!
Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
I'm so sick of this hot weather! *grumbles* Most creatures hibernate during winter but I'd hibernate through summer if I could. I feel a bit like a grumpy bear at the moment and just wish the cooler days would come back! I'm also a nervous wreck now that the Ashes has begun AND my football team is short on players with the league starting again tomorrow ARRGGHH! Last season for St Mirren was tense and horrible with looming relegation to panic over, so I expect more of the same this season. Who said sport is meant to be fun???!!!
It's been another good reading spell, reading three novels and a novella since Sunday, which I'm pleased about. I'm moving my Sunday Reading post to today to become a Friday Reading post! It will go up after I post this one. I'm creeping towards the magic number of 999 on my Tackling The TBR, I feel motivated and ready to read more. Things are going well with my challenges and I'm putting together my Autumn Reading List ready to start on next month. I'm already excited about some of the planned reads! Books added today were bought previously but are just being added to my Goodreads TBR today.
PAPERBACKS/HARDBACKS
Chuckles Blogging World
I'm looking at getting rid of Bloglovin and Twitter to regain some of my sanity. I do hope to find more time to spend on the fun stuff like Pinterest instead! The Sunday Reading Roundup will be moving after today to become the Friday Reading Roundup.
Book Reviews
Chuckles Mini Reviews Catchup
Chuckles Retro Review-The First Days (ATWD #1)
Rhiannon Frater-Fighting To Survive (ATWD #2)
Rhiannon Frater-Siege (ATWD #3)
Regular Posts
Chuckles Sunday Reading Roundup
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
Top Ten Tuesday
Books From The Backlog
Discussion Posts
Chuckles Chuntering
Book Challenges
Tackling The TBR
Films & TV
This week I watched the start of the Ashes Cricket on TV and got nervous about it. I also reviewed a few films!
Chuckles Film Reviews
Book Tags/Blog Awards
The Guilty Reader Book Tag
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-guilty-reader-book-tag.html
I Dare Ya Book Tag
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/08/i-dare-ya-book-tag.html
Currently Reading/Up Next
Since Sunday, I've read three books and a novella which I'm pleased about, so my summer reading continues on at a good pace. I've just started Origin and then I hope to be reading two more from my horror/thriller category!
The Guilty Reader Book Tag
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-guilty-reader-book-tag.html
I Dare Ya Book Tag
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/08/i-dare-ya-book-tag.html
Currently Reading/Up Next
Since Sunday, I've read three books and a novella which I'm pleased about, so my summer reading continues on at a good pace. I've just started Origin and then I hope to be reading two more from my horror/thriller category!










I haven't read that Shea book but I'm pretty sure I own it. I also want to get a copy of Gold Curse. It looks like a fun horror read. I hope the heat breaks for you soon. It's been hot here but nothing like a few weeks ago when the heat index was over 105. Have a great weekend and stay cool!
ReplyDeleteMy dad thinks this is Shea's best book so I figured I better get it read! I've started Origin which looks really interesting-just a few chapters so far.
DeleteGood luck to your team! I hope the weather cools down for you soon.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
I'm not greatly confident for tomorrow I must admit! We're a small team with little money to spend so seasons are pretty tough!
DeleteLegion looks awesome. I'm checking that out. And can't wait to see what you think of Origins and Montauk Monster. I liked both of those.
ReplyDeleteLegion is book 19 so be careful looking at the blurb! I was a little disappointed in Origin-a bit slow for me to get into the story.
DeleteI am sorry that you are having to deal with the heat. It is hot here but cooler than it would normally be at this time of year so I am happy. I love the cover of Disco Deathtrap! I hope you have a great week, Chuckles!
ReplyDeleteThis week thankfully was cooler in spite of the forecast. Gotta love those cloudy days and a bit of soothing rain! I have high hopes for those retro horror books!
DeleteOh how I wish I could stick to a reading list! I'm terrible! Too much of a mood reader, I think. :(
ReplyDeleteI'm happy with how the temperature has dropped this week. It's not much but it's better than it was. I'm counting down for autumn though. I'm a thick socks, boots and jumpers girl. Summer doesn't suit me!
I'm not always great at sticking to the list but I love working on it! I'm so pleased that the temps went down this week in my neck of the woods. Winter Is Coming!
Delete