Wednesday, 14 August 2019

Chuckles Chuntering


Today I am about to go nuclear on this stupid computer, blogger and social media in general. Who said that computers make life easier, because frankly all I seem to be getting is bloody stress from it and I'm beginning to wonder if it is actually worth the hassle.


Lets start with Twitter. I basically hate Twitter and only really use it to follow the football results coming in each Saturday and get news from my football team for transfers and things. But since it switched over to this new system, things have gone downhill. I've already vented my spleen over the horrible new design with a lot of rubbish clogging up the feed that I don't want. But for over a week now it won't let me send a tweet. REALLY useful. I sent one on July 30th but since then none will send. Yes I'm following the instructions but after I compose the message, nothing happens when I try to send it. The message just sits there doing nothing and doesn't send, yet I can retweet anything and view anything. 

After two hours today I finally realised what is happening. It won't let me tweet because I have enabled an an adblocker! Sneaky little gits! I'll keep the blocker, disable for a few seconds for each tweet I'll send then reset it.

I'm wondering if it is worth the damn hassle. Maybe I should find another way to keep up with the football scores and just ditch twitter forever.


And now for the stupid Blogger account. I looked at it last night when I switched off the computer and it was all working fine. I switched it on this morning and voila, it's a mess! I haven't changed anything but the comments section seems to have went haywire! Blogger has separated all my replies from the comments which makes the pages look stupid as well as none of it making any sense! I have spent three hours online checking out fixes and adjusting crap on my settings that I know nothing about. When I changed one bit, suddenly everything was back to normal. But what gets me is that I never changed that setting in the first place! I know little about computers so I don't mess around with any stuff like that. I have no idea how it got messed up in the first place but I've wasted the whole morning trying to sort it.

Y'know I'm sick to death of all this technical crap ruining so many of my days. I think that I would be happier if I only went online to shop and play on Pinterest and maybe Goodreads, and spend the rest of my time doing painting by numbers, reading and watching dvds. That sounds so relaxing right now! 

Right, a few comments and visits to do and I'm off to do some reading!!!

 
Stress metre graphics created by  https://alysinbookland.wordpress.com/ . Please fully credit her if you use them.

14 comments:

  1. I feel your pain.

    re: twitter. More and more sites are getting wise to adblockers and making their sites un-useful if you're using one. I have one or two sites that I have to temporarily disable u-block origins on if I want to make use of them. My use of such sites has drastically dropped. Good luck figuring out how to get your scores another way.

    As for blogger. Oh man, every time a blog/social site changes things on you and suddenly nothing is right? Yeah, that is a real "piss off" moment in time for sure. Sometimes it seems like they change JUST for change's sake. Grrrrr.

    Best of luck with whatever you decide to finally do.

    Bookstooge.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so useless on the tech stuff that I can spend hours on Google or forums trying to search down answers to try! Ugh I hate technology! I'm sick of the updates messing up the computer and things just not working! I lost the internet for four hours this morning so that messed up my Saturday catchup plans! Stupid things!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a mess. I don't like the new Twitter format either and don't use it for a lot. I say take a step back and chill. I'm with you, I'm not technically savvy so I don't make many changes on my own either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time updates are added, everything seems to go to hell on the computer. And with all the updates, I never seem to see anything new or good from it! Twitter is getting on my nerves, stupid thing!

      Delete
  3. I hate when computers/sites change without warning...and without any clear way of changing them back. It's the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They shouldn't be permitted to just change our settings without asking if we want it done and stating clearly what the consequences of it are!

      Delete
  4. I’m also irritated at the new Twitter because too many of my friends respond to Donald Trump’s tweets. I don’t follow him, but I still see his face in my feed constantly because of my friends. If I wanted to see that raging moron’s tweets, I’d follow him myself. I don’t want to read his stuff. I’ll have to mess with my settings and see if I can make him go away.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh that sounds like a great way to spoil your day! I see your President now seems to want to just buy Greenland? Guess he fancies putting a Trump Tower there! I reckon he will get re-elected, which is a scary thought!

      Delete
  5. I had the same problem with sending tweets. What a pain. It seems like we get enticed to join something and then discouraged to use it? Sorry about the blogger snafu. It seems like things just have a mind of their own sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Adblock Plus and Adblock Ultimate and I have to disable both to send a tweet. So annoying to have to switch it on and off, but it does stop all the who to follow and you might like crap coming up so I'm keeping my adblocker!

      Delete
  6. I mostly use Twitter on my phone and use the Tweetcaster app so I've avoided the big changes so far.

    My computer turned off my spellcheck for some reason and I didn't realize it and have been probably leaving gibberish comments for a week now lol

    My husband has the midas touch with technology but I do not.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could've avoided it! The good thing is that I've finally worked out why I couldn't tweet and I can get round the issue now. Technology is meant to make life easier but it stresses me out!

      Delete
  7. Oh you've had a week of it, haven't you? I hope that's the end of the techie issues for a while.
    The new twitter is crap but I haven't noticed any upswing in the amount of ads... I wonder if I've that joy to come? :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The internet went down for four hours this morning which drove me crazy as Saturday is my catchup online day! I'm getting really mad at all the tech stuff going wrong!

      My Adblock is stopping those stupid who to follow and you might like things clogging up my feed which is great!

      Delete