Saturday, 25 June 2016

Stacking the Shelves #138


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
        
This was a week full of being pretty busy around the house yet not seeming to get a great deal done that you'd notice. Shopping, cleaning, washing, ironing, cooking, dealing with rubbish bins and lots of annoying things that need keeping up but all combine to suck the energy out of you. It doesn't help that my dad thinks the carpet is a good place to drop his rubbish everywhere and expect me to pick up behind him. Frustrating. Between that and a lack of sleep due to the EURef, I'm tired today!

The weather has been warmer again this week so I haven't got as much reading done as last week but still a decent amount. The last of the books I ordered after my holiday have arrived now so I'm on a bit of a book buying ban for a few weeks! I still have a pile of downloads I haven't uploaded to Goodreads yet so I'll deal with that next week. 

PAPERBACKS:

             

         

     

28 comments:

  1. The warm weather in Belgium has been sucking the energy out of me, too. I don't understand how people get reading done on holidays when they're on beaches, etc!

    Looks like an interesting bunch as usual; I've wondered about reading Emily Purdy's books, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are reading her books, be careful! She writes under Emily Purdy and Brandy Purdy and the same books appear with different titles and covers! Make sure you read the blurb of each one in case you buy the same book twice!

      Delete
  2. An interesting haul as always. I hope you enjoy your new reads and get to read more this coming week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I get to read more. I liked what I did read but last night was so hot and humid I could barely move never mind read. Gah!

      Delete
  3. I've also been doing lots of cleaning around the house since I stay home most of the days.
    It's always warm where I live so I don't really know the difference haha
    Have a good week!

    Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleaning really is a pain isn't it? Jeez I feel sorry for you having to do housework in a much warmer climate!

      Delete
  4. Hmm, those 2 Rawles books look interesting. I think I may have the first one already loaded onto my Kobo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the first one and these two arrived this week-just waiting on the other two to complete the series so far. But despite ordering them all as paperback, one has arrived as a mass market paperback and doesn't fit with the others! Grrr!

      Delete
  5. Oooh, The Ripper's Wife looks interesting. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually only read Tudor period historical novels but I'm making an exception for Jack and Ripper and Lizzie Borden! I grabbed Lizzie last week...

      Delete
  6. I feel like I've just been doing a lot of chores lately too. I feel your pain. Hope these books are good!

    My StS: https://bookishantics.com/2016/06/25/stacking/

    - Jon from Bookish Antics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate chores...I'd rather just read and blog! Pity the real world gets in the way! I'm expecting some good reads out of this haul so that makes up for it a bit...

      Delete
  7. Ooo, The Boleyn Bride! My mom read that one, she enjoyed it. Sorry to hear about your commenting troubles. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had this on wishlist for ages and actually thought I'd bought it. I have another of her books still to buy when I get the chance. I love her Tudor books so far!

      Delete
  8. The Boelyn Bride definitely needs to be on my TBR. I love the Tudor era. I hope you enjoy all your books and have a great reading week :)

    Danica @ A Redheaded Bookworm
    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Tudors too! I'm always looking out for new authors to try. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I have had it to here with the referendum, it is all kicking off and I wish it would just sod off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe that Tory leadership candidates like that idiot Jeremy Hunt want another referendum based on a watered down version of Brexit and some form of free movement deal??? The guy is a muppet!!! Trigger article 50 and lets get gone and END this! And I never want to vote again for at least 3/4 years as I'm sick of all the campaign crap!

      Delete
  10. that's nice, they're new to me but I hope you'll enjoy them. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I should get on well with these books. Hopefully I'll have more time to read this week.

      Delete
  11. I really do hope you enjoy The Ripper's Wife. I hope she does another one along the line of famous serial killers. I asked her once and I think she said she would like to do more in the line of this one and the Lizzie Borden one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would certainly be interesting...I'm always interested in new reads from authors I've liked. I'll be keeping an eye out for info!

      Delete
  12. I think every time I look at your StSs, I never see anything that I've heard of before. That's both a good thing and a bad thing because these books look good and my TBR shelf is getting way too crowded.

    I hope you enjoy your new books! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* Usually my STS is packed with self published zombie and prepper books so they aren't greatly known by those who visit me! I'm on a NF kick now which is why I bought a pile more mountain survival books. I do like the idea of people adding to their stuffed tbrs after a visit to me! *wicked snigger*

      Delete
  13. All those little things can make a week feel full and busy. Here it's been warm, but not too warm, at least not when I stay inside the house. I hope you'll enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit cooler today so I'm hoping to get some serious blogging done as I'm lagging behind this week. I'm hoping for a better week!

      Delete
  14. I've heard great things about The Boelin Bride, Chuckles :) Of course, your other books look like they're good and I'm sure you'll enjoy them all :)
    Have a fantastic rest of the week and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't been a bit reading spell so I'm pretty happy! I still need more time in the day though...

      Delete