Wednesday, 15 June 2016

An Unexpected Journey pt 5


Our last day in Blackpool was very hot again and our little legs were struggling so we took the tram out along the coast to Fleetwood Ferry. Not the one above though, just the normal purple one! They are so smooth compared to the old ones! We avoided the Fleetwood Market where OAPs are ready to kill each other for a bargain. After being assaulted twice by psycho bargain hunters ten years ago, I never go there now! But at the last stop on the tram line is Fleetwood Ferry, where there is a lovely garden you can sit in and where Paddy had some fun!






Nice views from the RNLI lifeboat station out to the water where there are always plenty of boats to see. It was nice to sit here and relax.




 

We wandered around for a bit and looked at the various statues and memorials before heading back into Blackpool on the tram.  




As we headed round to our hotel there was great excitement on the promenade because the UKIP battle bus was parked there and a couple of high ranking party members including the deputy leader were giving speeches as to why the UK needs to leave the UK. I just had to get a few photos!



I didn't think I would ever see a battle bus so this was a bonus! It was an interesting end to a great holiday!

8 comments:

  1. Tell Paddy Auntie Barb thinks he posed with that dog just for me! It's so great that you are able to share so many pictures, especially for someone like me who lives in the states. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a cute pic of Paddy with the dog! I took quite a few at different angles but this was the best one. If I get away on any day trips this year I'll be trying to get pics of Paddy and my other 'children'!

      Delete
  2. Paddy looks like he had a blast! The pictures are lovely. It looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paddy did have a lot of fun! He says he wants another holiday and I feel like I need one!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pics! I can't believe the referendum is this week they have been going on about it for what seems like years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally the vote is here! I'll be glad to see the back of it all. Still it could be worse-look how long the US election campaigns run for!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful clear day again. Stunning pictures! Thank you for sharing all of these with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to look at holiday photos on other blogs so I like to do the same. One week back and I needed another holiday!

      Delete