Saturday, 11 June 2016

Stacking the Shelves #136


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                                 
It's nice to be back! I was totally burned out and suffering in the hot weather spell we were having-I don't do well in heat-so I decided to take a break towards the end of last week, hoping to feel refreshed, rest and read! Well it didn't quite work out how I expected as my dad phoned the hotel in Blackpool that we usually visit when we go there on Saturday night, to see if he could fit us in for a short break. I love going to Blackpool but I didn't enjoy the mad scramble on Saturday night to get ready to leave on Sunday morning! And guess what-Blackpool had a bigger heatwave than we had here and I was ROASTED in the sun!!! The average temperature was 25 degrees! All the details will be on my holiday post-An Unexpected Journey. So much for a quiet rest! It was a hectic holiday full of walking, sweat, and sun but it was a good holiday overall. We got back yesterday afternoon so now I have piles of washing and ironing to do...groan!
 
So I didn't get a single book read the entire holiday as I was just too tired! I had to just read those true story magazines instead, which I like. It reminds me that other people are having worse times than me. I plan to do a post about these reading habits this week sometime. I do hope to get some reading done while my dad yells at the football over the next couple of weeks! On holiday I just had to buy a few books (of course!) and a few I'd ordered a couple of weeks ago arrived while I was away. I'm not sure I'll like the charity shop book but I just loved the cover so it was an impulse buy! A smaller STS this week at last!
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
 
 
 
PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 
 
 
CHARITY SHOP:
 
 
 
COLOURING BOOK: 
 

 


 
 

40 comments:

  1. Ooh, good haul. I keep looking at the Tolkien colouring books, but I think I prefer colouring patterns...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a big pile of colouring books but I've yet to get started! Still, I will get to colouring at some point and when I do, I expect to be addicted!

      Delete
  2. Yay for Lord of the Rings coloring book. I love my coloring books. I see that you got some interesting boos. The Tudor trilogy books look interesting. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased to find some Tudor books this time as I just love the genre. It's the first time I've seen fiction about the men who started the Tudor Line so it's pretty exciting. Hope they turn out to be good!

      Delete
  3. Ooh I really want to read The School of Good and Evil! :D

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My Book Haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great cover isn't it? I tried to leave a comment on your STS but as you use DISQUS, I was unable to do so which is a shame (see my STS blurb for reasons why). Such a pity! But thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love history so The Tudor Trilogy books look really good to me. I also have heard some great things about The School for Good and Evil but haven't picked up a copy of that yet myself. And ooooh Lord of the Rings coloring book. I'd love to have one of those. :D

    Happy Reading (and coloring!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like finding some new Tudor reads and I'm excited to read about Owen and Jasper Tudor. I've always been fascinated by Jasper in particular. Hope they live up to expectations! There are some great pics to colour in the LOTR book!

      Delete
  5. I hope your reading slump lifts soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did! I read almost a whole book last night while the football was on and I'm so happy! I hope this is me back on track again!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back! Glad you got a break but sorry it was so hot. Your Dad sounds really cool. Yea for book buying! I look forward to your holiday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad is great and he insisted on paying for most of the stuff I bought as well. We had a good time but I wish he'd give me more notice! My first holiday post will be going up today instead of Reading With Chuckles.

      Delete
  7. The Tudor Books look like my thing. I love historical fiction. I'm sorry it was so hot for you. I live in California, where it is only now getting warm for summer. have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Tudors! The life of Henry VIII is something so bizarre that you couldn't make it up! I'm fascinated by the whole era right back to the War of the Roses. Hope to have a few more on next week's haul...*grins*

      Delete
  8. It sounds like a hectic getaway in the hot sun, Chuckles! I hope you'll feel refreshed and find your reading groove now that you're back home. And you have all those lovely new additions to your shelves to help you out, too.
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit hectic and tiring...but fun too! I have managed to read a whole book since I got home so I feel back on track!

      Delete
  9. so many new books for you and they're all new to me! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I'm back on track with my reading so hopefully I'll enjoy this lot!

      Delete
  10. I love spur of the moment trips but they are not for everyone. I don't like the mountains of laundry that come after a trip. I do love the cover of the book from the charity shop. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice surprise but I hate panic packing! It is a great cover isn't it?

      Delete
  11. I have been having issues here and there with posting as well I hope it all sorts itself out though! Looks like a great haul! I hope you enjoy all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Computers are there to test our patience sometimes, I reckon! I plan to enjoy my reading especially after the slump! Thanks for stopping by and have a good week!

      Delete
  12. Nice haul this week :) Glad you had a good trip, even if you weren't able to read ;) Hope you have a great week and enjoy your new reads!
    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really want to come back, it was so much fun! Still, back to real life and more reading...

      Delete
  13. We're having some warm weather too at the moment, but not too warm luckily and I gotten a bit used to it now. i am not really fond of too warm weather either.
    I am sorry to hear about the panic packing you had to do for your holiday, but I am glad you still had a nice time except for the heat. 25 degrees average is too warm indeed. Here it's been a few degrees lower which is just doable.
    Enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one good thing about Blackpool is you usually get a nice sea breeze-in fact sometimes the wind can knock you off your feet! I do love the resort though and have done since I was a kid! I wish I lived there!

      Delete
  14. Welcome back! I totally want that LOTR coloring book. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some great pictures in the colouring book that I'll have a lot of fun filling in. When I eventually find the time! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

      Delete
  15. Nicholas Erik's book covers are really pretty! And I don't blame you on buying a book by its cover. I think it happens to all of us haha And at least you were able to get away for a vacation, even though it was hot. I hope you have a lovely week!

    Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paradise looked so gorgeous and sounded like just my kind of book-getting it free was a huge bonus! Nothing like a nice freebie...Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. Definitely hot here too. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't complain...it's been cold and wet since we got home!

      Delete
  17. I sorry you can't stand the heat! I hope you are feeling better now! Great haul. Happy reading :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a heat wimp! I like the cooler temperatures so much better! It's been cool and damp all week which suits me...

      Delete
  18. I like your comment about DISQUS. I do the same thing, only I don't warn anyone. I don't have an account with them, and I probably will never get one. Google is enough for me. :)

    I'm super jealous of your LOTR coloring book. I've seen so many coloring books around, and I have yet to get a single one. #fail

    Enjoy!

    Rachelle @ Shell's Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't get why people want to use something that tells you it needs access to your account and might send messages and change things-no way I'm letting anyone mess with my account!

      I think I'm a fail too...I have lots of colouring books yet can't find the time to actually colour them!

      Delete
  19. The Tudor trilogy looks very interesting. I look forward to reading about Owen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't see many books about these early Tudors so I'm certainly looking forward to getting started with them hopefully by the autumn or winter. Too many books to be read!

      Delete
  20. Bit different book pace than the usual. Always nice to get a new mix! Hmm, I will have to keep an eye on these Tudor books. And a LOTR coloring book. FUN! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited at finding some new Tudor books to try and who can resist a LOTR colouring book! My STS this week will be pretty varied!

      Delete