Tuesday, 14 June 2016

An Unexpected Journey pt 3



Day 3 dawned with a large mist which allowed us to take a few very different photos of Blackpool. It was very low lying and made it a much cooler day to enjoy walking around in. It was just nice in fact. We got the tram down to Central Pier and went on it for photos but very little could be seen! Instead of gorillas in the mist we had donkeys in the mist!



 Here are a few photos along the seafront of some popular attractions.



We stopped in to visit the RNLI lifeboat charity who do such a great job of keeping the coastline safe and they sell the wonderful mint cake that I stock up on! 




We moved up on a nice relaxing walk to the Tower which was strange to see in the mist!    


On to North Pier and the train that goes along it.

  


So that was as much as I could photograph. We got the tram back up to the markets and this time I found a couple of great hoodies that fit me! Yea! My dad grabbed more T-Shirts for himself so we were happy with that! Plus I grabbed a few cool things in the charity shops. Next post will feature the rest of the shopping as I'm running out of space here!

14 comments:

  1. I love those pics with the mist and fog. It's so atmospheric and almost creepy. Of course you know by now I think creepy is good. My favorite is the one with the roller coaster in the background. You guys had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty interesting to get photos like this...usually it is either cloudy, raining or sunny! It was good to get something a bit different!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun trip! I'd love to visit Europe at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved Blackpool since I was a kid! The junk food smells, donkeys on the beach, trams tooting, the sea air...love it! It's a 4-5 hour drive from where I live and I just wish it was a bit closer sometimes!

      Delete
  3. Neat-o! thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I had the chance (and money!) to visit a lot more places! I'd post of my older holidays but they are on a non digital camera and I don't have a scanner to upload them sadly! I have great photos of Tenerife, Texas, Cape Town...maybe some day!

      Delete
  4. I love the photos. The mist really makes them interesting. It looks like such a lovely time and I have to say that I just love the donkeys in the mist. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually a mist at Blackpool is gone by mid morning. It was so weird to see it there all day but it made for some good photo opportunities!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Kind of creepy and atmospheric! It made it easier to walk about with the lower temperature which was good.

      Delete
  6. That is mega creepy with the mist, it looks like something from a horror film, zombies in Blackpool....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a nervous thing about fog because of that horror classic The Fog by John Carpenter! 'There's a fog bank out there...' *shudder* Fog monsters, zombies, hairy monsters...and those are just the tourists!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. That first photo was at 10.20am-looks more like 6am! It was great to get some different pictures. There are so many things I want to visit next time we are there and I might even go up the Tower if we get a nice day...

      Delete