Monday, 13 June 2016

An Unexpected Journey pt 2


Day 2 of the holiday was shopping day! We got the brilliant tram down to the Tower, where Paddy got another selfie done. It was so hot, up around 25 degrees and I was melting as we sat and enjoyed the scenery for a bit before heading to HMV and Waterstones. HMV had a great DVD sale so of course we over-indulged and bought a pile. My dad grabbed some horror and martial arts while I grabbed a mixed bunch which I'll show at the end of this post. Here are a few more Tower pics.




I just love Blackpool Tower! You can go to the top and get a great view of the whole coast or visit the attractions inside. We've been in dozens of times so I didn't bother this time. Maybe next year. We had a nose round a few other shops before getting a few photos on the sea front, looking towards Central Pier with the big wheel, and then North Pier.



 We got the tram back up to Waterloo Road where the good markets start so my dad can add to his T-Shirt collection. The stuff you get here is great quality but cheaper to buy here. And I finally found some T-Shirts in my bigger size for the first time in years! Shopping was fun today! Then it was a tram back down two stops with all the bags to have a rest.


Ok, time to discuss the shopping! These are the DVDs I bought at 5 for £20 plus a few extras.... Bargains!




A nice days work eh? Photos of the great T-Shirts on next post!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery and that's a great buy on the DVD's. We really enjoyed Mad Max and San Andreas when we watched them. I think we've also seen Navy Seals vs. Zombies and for a "B" movie (I think) it wasn't all that bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad loves Blackpool for the bargains! We had to restrain ourselves a bit...but not much! Now I just need to find time to watch them...My dad has already seen Mad Max and loved it so he was happy to grab it. I love disaster films so I expect to enjoy San Andreas. That reminds me, I haven't watched 2012 yet!

      Delete
  2. Ooo.. That's a very nice deal. I haven't watched any of these yet, but I really want to. Hope you enjoy them!

    Thanks for visiting Shell's Stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any of them but I won't be short of something to watch this summer!

      Delete
  3. I liked the Mad Max one. Thanks for introducing the Blackpool Tower to me. I will have to visit it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The great thing about Blackpool is you don't get bored there. Lots to do for all ages and good shopping in the markets depending on what you are looking for. And if it rains, there are indoor attractions too.

      Delete
  4. Great buys! I haven't seen any of the movies that you picked up but I hope that you enjoy them. I love the first pic with Paddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paddy had a really great time! He already wants to go back! There was so much I wanted to do with the new camera...the zoo, the waxworks, the park with the lake, a couple of nearby towns on the same coast...maybe next time!

      Delete
  5. I still need to watch Fury Road... I'm really not much for watching things, so it always takes me ages to get round to it! And you know, I don't think I've ever been to Blackpool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the world's worst for getting films and TV shows watched. I am HOPING to get something watched tonight but I say that every weekend!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm hoping to watch Everest and The Program this weekend. Or at least Everest...but I'll see how the week goes!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful sights! And loving the monkey. :) Really clear out over the water too. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paddy and I had a great holiday! This year I was more able to walk without getting breathless...I feel fitter but the scales don't seem to back that up with weight loss which is a bit frustrating...

      Delete