My reading has been pretty much a disaster this year! Don't let my Goodreads Challenge stats fool you...I may be nearly halfway to my goal of 100 but most were cartoon comic strip books which each take about twenty minutes to read! I'm in a massive slump at the moment. It seems the right time to admit that I've found more paperbacks and hardbacks that were not already on my TBR plus quite a few downloads I've made over the last few months and then forgot about. I'm adding them all on to my Goodreads TBR today and sharing the new additions with you in this post.
*sigh* Reducing the pile looks a long way away!!!
POLITICAL
ZOMBIES/HORROR
APOCALYPSE
NON FICTION
URBAN FANTASY
TUDOR FICTION









































Awww, I'm sorry you're in a slump. I'm feeling a bit the same.
ReplyDeleteIt's really frustrating when you just can't get reading! I just don't want to pick up anything right now! Grr!
DeleteOh, no! It's beginning to sound like your TBR pile is alive...and growing when you're not looking. ;D
ReplyDeleteIt is certainly alive and growing! It's like one of those out of control plants whose branches grow at speed! It won't get any better until I start getting into my reading again. Gah! It's frustrating!
DeleteI'm sorry to hear about your reading slump. I hate when that happens. The Allison Weir book looks interesting and she's an author I've really been wanting to read.
ReplyDeleteI hate reading slumps! It's especially bad when you have a TBR the size of mine! I need to catch up with this Alison Weir series now that I've finally got the paperback of book four. Book five is only out in hardback so I'll need to wait a year for the paperback which is annoying.
DeleteHope your reading slump gets better. It's been a little rough reading wise for me the past couple of weeks with all the Dr. appointments. Hopefully I get back to reading as much as I used to soon. Happy reading.
ReplyDeleteReal life always gets in the way of the fun stuff like reading! The really bad weather here is causing chaos for getting shopping done and putting on the appointments I need to get to. I hope things improve for your reading soon!
DeleteI have to grab Saving Mr. K! And I spy some apocalyptic series I want to check out. I know I have a bunch of books that need to be added to my TBR too. I shudder at the thought. LOL
ReplyDeleteI so need to catch up with this series. I've still only read the first book. I wish it was Monty who was narrating the main story though as I love him!
DeleteOh no! More books lol
ReplyDeleteYou sound like me last year with reading. I'm coming back from it but it's slow going.
Karen @ For What It's worth
I'm wondering if I'm ever going to tame this TBR beast! I'm struggling to get motivated to read and when I want to read, I'm too tired! It is slow going indeed! I'm going to try a few short stories if I can-maybe that will help.
DeleteI like the look of a lot of these. Snowball has me curious (I saw that on Barb's blog, too, i think, or somewhere anyway)and so does Alison Weir since I've been wanting to read something of hers for a while.
ReplyDeleteSnowball just seems like my kind of thing! I hope it lives up to my personal hype as I've never read anything by the author! I have enjoyed Alison Weir's Tudor non fiction but this is my first fiction series by her. I need to get the series read.
DeleteSlumps happen. I fought through one all weekend. My Gpa was in the hospital and with Stupid Uncle hundreds of miles away ignoring the problem, it was super stressful for me. I did manage to read but I'm telling you, the slump was threatening.
ReplyDeleteThis slump seems to be different from my usual and I need to drag myself screaming out of it! That uncle of yours sounds like a nightmare!
Deletewow so many awesome looking books. i have been working on updating my goodreads TBR. i've added all (?) my kindle books, cleaned out duplicates, but i have stacks of books sitting around i will slowly check out, making sure they are on the list. that will take SOME time. lol i will be sharing some TBR posts during the year.
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
Why do all these things we do with e-readers and Goodreads take so long! All these tasks seem to take forever don't they!
DeleteDon't get overwhelmed :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm already there! I'm drowning in book stats!
DeleteReading slumps suck. I was hit with one at the beginning of last year and it messed up a lot of my reading for the year... I managed to hit my GR goal though so it wasn't a bust.
ReplyDeleteEven if you're just reading the short comics you're still reading! I hope you manage to pull yourself out the slump soon.
This one seems neverending! I sort of want to read but can't seem to be bothered! Every time I think I'm coming out of it, two days pass with me slumped in front of the TV!
Delete