Welcome to my second Game of Thrones 3D puzzle! This time I'm constructing the Red Keep and I'm going to do more of a step by step set of posts to give you a better idea of how it goes together, as it is hard to explain clearly!
This was the way I finished my last post, just to remind everyone of progress.
Next step was to continue building the out-buildings around the side of the Red Keep.
Moving back round to the front of the Red Keep, these are the first of the levels that need to put onto the construction. These photos show them flat in the first photo. The small part becomes the second level on the building on the left. The large bit slots into the building lower down and then I added a couple of support towers under this section. You can see the elevation.
Next, on the edge of the raised level, I'm building the wall. You can see the bits slotted into the edge of the raised platform. We are taking shape now!
I have to add another group of turrets. I HATE this turrets as they can be very fiddily! Each turret has three to five parts and are my least favourite bit to make! However they look great when added to the wall construction, along with another bit of building! The third photo shows the bottom of the throne room going on to the construction, in the centre.
The next bit is to add on to the throne room part in the centre. On the side of the throne room, I add spires to give it that gothic look. The second photo is the close up of that bit.

That is so cool!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving this puzzle as it develops!
DeleteWow! It's looking so awesome.
ReplyDeleteIt looks better than even I hoped! I actually worked on it all morning yesterday and finished it but that post will be later in the weekend or next week.
DeleteI cannot get over how massive that is! Very impressive.
ReplyDeleteThe puzzle is 20 by 18 by 13 inches but with the height of the buildings it suddenly looks huge!
Deletewow. i love puzzles, but have never done a 3d one
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
This one is a lot easier than the 3D jigsaw puzzles as I'm finding out!!!
DeleteIt's really taking shape! I can't believe how quickly you are doing it.
ReplyDeleteIt's a pretty easy puzzle to complete as long as you are careful to fold the right bits. I just rattle along with it!
DeleteThis is looking really good! Excited to see the final product!
ReplyDeleteQuestion though: Where do you store it once it's finished?
It's already out on display as my posts are behind my construction!
DeleteThis rules!!!
ReplyDeleteThese puzzles have been fun and a nice way to relax away from the blog each day!
Delete