Friday, 21 February 2020

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
It has been one of those weeks where everything small seems to have gone wrong! Getting annoyed with the energy provider trying to force a smart meter on us for the umpteenth time despite us saying no, the wild weather continues, spilling the bright blue liquid residue from the de-humidifier down my favourite dressing gown, insomnia issues, one of my favourite cds has gone missing...you know the kind of week I mean! It's an annoying week though this lingering cold does seem to be on the way out which is something! To cheer myself up I bought a few cheap political hardbacks which now I'll need to add to that growing TBR that is currently out of control...ARRGGHH! I actually did read a few short stories last night (hurrah!) which I hope will kickstart the reading from the slump!
 
PAPERBACKS/HARDBACKS
 
 
 
Chuckles Blogging World
I'm reasonably caught up this week and I'm getting back into the swing of things for getting posts uploaded. I'm happy enough with that and will be fully caught up by tomorrow.
 
Book Reviews
 
After The Dust Settled by Darrell Maloney (Countdown to Armageddon #2)
 
Regular Posts
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
 
Discussion Posts
 
Chuckles Chuntering
 
Authors I Want To Try
 
Constructing The Red Keep
 
 
Reading Challenges
 none this week

Films & TV
I've watched a few old favourites this week-The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Prisoner of Azkaban and The Mummy, along with more Royal documentaries.
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards
 
Fictional Dog Tag
 
Currently Reading/Up Next 
I'm HOPING that I might be out of the slump, having read three short stories last night. I hope to be tackling something tonight. I want to check these out soon.
 

18 comments:

  1. I've been doing a Star Wars marathon with a friend that's never seen the movies before! Only reason I got Disney Plus was so I could have these kinds of marathons lol, especially Marvel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've hardly seen the Marvel and DC films so I'm way behind. My dad has seen a few of them and likes them. I do like blogging with some favourite films in the background!

      Delete
  2. I hope this week is a better one for you and you find a few good books to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been in lazy mode again this week but I do hope to get some reading done tonight. Maybe zombies...

      Delete
  3. I hate weeks like that. It's been a tough one here as well. Gpa has been in the hospital, Stupid Uncle is out of town, dogs had a vet appointment with new vet which I can't stand, and then regular work and life stuff. Don't know about you but I think we both need a vacation. Glad to hear the winter weather is headed out though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a holiday sounds great! My dad is waiting to be called in for a knee operation sometime this year so no holidays for Chuckles sadly! If I win the lottery, I'm moving south and constructing a prepper compound! That will be enough entertainment for me!

      Delete
  4. Oh no I hate weeks like that. Hope the weekend is better! And yes it sounds like your weather has been crazy lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irritating weeks drive me nuts but at least they pass! I took some Me Time today and worked on the Red Keep!

      Delete
  5. I'm really struggling to find time to read right now. Every time I start a book I fall asleep. I need to change the time when I read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to read when you feel tired. I'm doing a lot of work around the house at the moment and by 6pm I'm nodding off. It's really annoying so you have my sympathy.

      Delete
  6. Argh, those weeks suck. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just seem to be tired every time I expend some energy which is frustrating!

      Delete
  7. I hope next week is less annoying for you and you get lots of reading done.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't seem to get fully committed to read every night which means pretty much no progress some weeks!

      Delete
  8. I hate weeks like that. They're the kind of weeks that make me incredibly salty but when someone tries to find out what's up with me it all sounds so trivial that I can't explain it, lol. I hope this week is better!

    The Mummy is an awesome movie. I really like the second one (The Mummy Returns) too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can be a very grumpy Chuckles on these weeks! My dad tries to avoid annoying me when this happens! I've lost count how many times I've seen the Mummy. I love it!

      Delete
  9. Oh no! I hate it when everything seems to go wrong at the same time. I am hard to be around when something is lost. I will tear my house up looking for the silliest little thing. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those niggly things pile up and really bug me! I've lost my MP3 player and have no clue where it has gone!

      Delete