Friday, 14 February 2020

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
This has just been one of these weeks for me as you'll notice by my lack of posting this week. First there was a weekend of moving stuff for that delivery, the delivery disaster and moving stuff again on Monday and then I just felt tired, sore and a bit fed up with minor cold symptoms. Nothing serious or anything that is bad, just enough to annoy me. I've lacked the concentration to do anything this week except read multiple Fred Basset cartoon books and lounging in front of the TV. We're getting hit by Storm Dennis now and I've just about had enough of the stupid winter weather! I usually enjoy winter but it has almost been non stop wind, rain, snow and hailstones since November!!! ENOUGH!!! 

Reading has been non existant with the way I've felt this week which is frustrating. Targets are not being met and I've hardly been online at all this week so I'm behind on most things I want to do so I'll be playing catchup this weekend! This is just a sort of mini weekend roundup as I haven't got much to share! I HOPE things will get back to normal over the weekend.

Have a good weekend everyone!

17 comments:

  1. Enjoy your rest - you deserve it! I was thinking as I read your post you guys have had quite a winter and then you confirmed it. Hope it passes for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's horrible here right now. We're expecting winds of 70 mph again through the night so I'm worried about the other fences! I just want these storms to be over as they make me so nervous!

      Delete
  2. Sorry your having such a hard time. I am not a fan of winter, and totally empathize with your feelings about it. I hope things calm down for you and you can get back to things you enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to like winter when it was cool, mostly dry, the odd snow day...but this climate change or whatever is giving us way more storms than ever which preys on my nerves. I'm looking forward to spring...

      Delete
  3. I hope things start looking up for you next week! We had a lot of rain this week - and of course the whole Fonzi being sick thing. But I've been oddly productive.

    Karen @ For What It's worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Fonzi is really going through it right now and your stress levels will be through the roof. I've went into a whiny feel sorry for myself mood and I HATE when I do that!

      Delete
  4. Man, I came over here this morning to catch up for the week and wham, there was nothing. After reading the couple of posts, I completely understand. Sounds like a real stinker of a time :-(

    Well, here's to hoping the next week is better!

    Bookstooge.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This weather is really affecting my mood, even though we are luckier than the poor sods being flooded across the country. I do feel for them. I just can't seem to concentrate on anything and want to just sulk. I hope I snap out of it soon and get back to reading!!!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a rough week! I hope your weekend is better and you get some stuff in order.
    The weather is annoying me too. I love the rain but two storms back to back is beyond annoying and its not like it's nice in between them! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's driving me mad Nicci! Tonight should be a bad one with gales so I have that to look forward to! Rain I'm ok with but I hate this wild wind all the time. Stupid weather!!!

      Delete
  6. Well I hope you get to feeling better. It's funny that you are done with Winter and it's my favorite time of year. But we don't get snow and hardly any rain. Heck, it's been in the 60's this past week and I hate it. I want the cold weather to stick around a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved winter but this one has been dreadful. I get so nervous with all these high winds and now they are saying to expect this every winter from now on. I need a place to retreat every winter if that is happening!

      Delete
  7. don't pressure yourself. sometimes smelling the (nonexitent) roses can be just what the doctor ordered...or relaxing, like the pup. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to hibernate like a bear for real and wake up in spring! Then I'll moan about the insects and the heat if it gets warm!

      Delete
  8. Thanks AJ! I'm being horribly whiny at the moment and annoying myself! I need to snap out of it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a weird winter. Warm, then cold, then rainy here. I want to sleep and wake up and it's spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to spring if we can get rid of these constant stormy winds!!!

      Delete