Wednesday, 31 January 2018

Chuckles Challenge Update-January


OK here is my first update of the year on how all my challenges are going so far. My aim is to ensure I make progress on each of them, however little that is, every month of the year. I don't expect to complete them all, but a nice dent in each one will be good!

My Goodreads Reading Challenge 
Read: 25/200
DNF:  5
DNS:  3
Total: 33
Verdict- Good start which I'm happy with.

Horror Writers Challenge
Read: 2/24
Camp Blaze by Jon Athan 
Money Back Guarantee by Hunter Shea
Verdict-Getting two done is par for what I need each month to complete the challenge. OK.

Series Catch Up
Read: 7
Ist 6 Kitty Norville books by Carrie Vaughn
A Dance With Dragons part 1 by George RR Martin
Verdict-Happy to get 6 of one series done but need to keep pushing on this challenge.

Get 'Em Orf My Bookshelves!
Read: 5/40
Master and Apprentice by Sonya Bateman
Rebel Radio by Boyd Craven
Cannibal Creek by Jon Athan 
When the Power is Gone/When the Peace is Gone by PA Glaspy
Verdict-Pleased to get five read. Will get a few done next month in Puppy Love Challenge.

E Book Blitz
16/100
Read: 8
DNF:  5
DNS:  3
Verdict-More effort required on this one! I'm lagging a bit...

Stats Breakdown:

Male Authors: read-12, DNF-5
Female Authors: read-13, DNF-0
DNS: 3 (all male)

Star Ratings: (includes DNF)
1 star:    2
2 star:    5
2.5 star: 1
3 star:    7
3.5 star: 1
4 star:    10
5 star:    4

Genres: (read only)
NF: 5
UF: 9
Horror: 3
Apocalypse: 5
Zombie: 2
Fantasy: 1

Publishing: (read only)
Indie: 11
Big: 14 

Pages: (read only)
0-99: 5
100-199: 5
200-299: 8
300-399: 5
400+: 2


16 comments:

  1. OMG hat off Chuckles! 25 BOOKS??? I also admire how you stick yo tour series! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a good month overall! It took about 4 books to really get into that UF series but I really hope to crack on and get it finished in February or March so I can tackle more series.

      Delete
  2. Great job and I'm digging that penguin. Looks like he is having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is pretty cool isn't he! He moves better than me too! (not that it would be difficult!!!)

      Delete
  3. You are my inspiration. 25 books is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased with that to start the year! I'm hoping to get a similar total this month as I have got quite a few I'm excited to read!

      Delete
  4. You're doing great on all your many challenge goals. I'm very impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that I've read something for each challenge as that gets me off to a good start. Keeping it going through the whole year is the real challenge!

      Delete
  5. You're off to a great start, especially with the GR one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was important to get a good start after the poor three months I had at the end of last year. I'm enjoying my reading which is the most important thing.

      Delete
  6. Wow, You're doing great! I like how you did your stats. I'm thinking I'll try this to help me stay motivated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My challenges fell apart by March last year so I needed to keep a close eye on everything this year to keep me motivated right through to December. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  7. Wow, you're sailing through books lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something you said on your blog kind of helped-if I want to read more books I need to make more time for reading. It sounds obvious but seeing someone else say it made it sink in and it made me read a bit in the mornings as well as my night sessions and it has certainly helped!

      Delete
  8. Great start! I am still getting my act together from being down with the flu. The only challenge I am tracking is Goodreads, but there are a couple more I am going to sign up for.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's never a good time to have the flu and it really knocks the stuffing out of you for weeks. I've had flu twice in my life, both a long time ago and I don't wish that misery on anyone. I hope you feel much better now and can get back to some good reading.

      Delete