Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish
in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of
2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to
bring bookish friends together. http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/top-ten-tuesday/
This week we're looking at Bookish Goals which is a nice easy one to start the new regime with!
1) Reduce the TBR
I'm not even going there. Over 800 books I own waiting to be read and I need to put a big hole in that this year!
2) Catch up on more series
I've got about 20 listed that I want to complete/catch up on this year and I really do need to make progress on this.
3) Buy fewer books
*laughs hysterically*
4) Read more samples
I've downloaded a pile ready to start the new year with so that'll be no problem!
5) Find more like minded bloggers
I need to find other fans of Harry Potter and Game of Thrones who love horror, apocalypse, zombies, prepping topics!
6) Blog ahead
I intend to remain 4 weeks ahead on my regular posts to give me space for a few breaks during the year from the computer!
7) Keep up with my challenges
I have a new book journal for my challenge lists so I can refer to it even when I'm away from the computer. It should help remind me of all my plans and encourage me to keep up!
8) Read every day
Even if I only fit in 30 minutes some days, I'm determined to get more reading time!
9) Be selective in my reading
I'll be studying reviews and using samples to buy only the stuff I'm reasonably sure I'll like.
10) Don't get stressed
Remember that reading is meant to be fun!
This week we're looking at Bookish Goals which is a nice easy one to start the new regime with!
1) Reduce the TBR
I'm not even going there. Over 800 books I own waiting to be read and I need to put a big hole in that this year!
2) Catch up on more series
I've got about 20 listed that I want to complete/catch up on this year and I really do need to make progress on this.
3) Buy fewer books
*laughs hysterically*
4) Read more samples
I've downloaded a pile ready to start the new year with so that'll be no problem!
5) Find more like minded bloggers
I need to find other fans of Harry Potter and Game of Thrones who love horror, apocalypse, zombies, prepping topics!
6) Blog ahead
I intend to remain 4 weeks ahead on my regular posts to give me space for a few breaks during the year from the computer!
7) Keep up with my challenges
I have a new book journal for my challenge lists so I can refer to it even when I'm away from the computer. It should help remind me of all my plans and encourage me to keep up!
8) Read every day
Even if I only fit in 30 minutes some days, I'm determined to get more reading time!
9) Be selective in my reading
I'll be studying reviews and using samples to buy only the stuff I'm reasonably sure I'll like.
10) Don't get stressed
Remember that reading is meant to be fun!

I've been trying to read some everyday as well. Good luck with #3 (walking off chuckling to myself :)
ReplyDeleteYeah that one is never going to happen! I'm not doing too bad with trying to read every day...only missed 2 days so far!
DeleteGood luck! I also need to blog ahead. I’ve been so busy that I’ve barely been blogging at all. I’ve been relying on scheduled posts, but I’m almost out of those.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
I'm trying to stay focused on keeping ahead as it makes it less stressful to take a few days away from the blog to read or be ill or something! Finding the time to get ahead in the first place is the issue!
DeleteI'm laughing right along with you - I think we both know this 'Buy less, read more' think is kind of impossible. Good luck, friend!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds so straight-forward doesn't it! Yet every year we try and we fail! Maybe this year...*snorts*
Delete#3? You crack me up :) I need to do #8 as well. I always wait until bedtime and then I fall asleep after a few pages. I need to go home, read for a bit and then do all of the chores. Best of luck with your goals :)
ReplyDeleteI don't know why I include #3 as it's never going to happen! I blame the authors for making me buy their shiny books...Tonight I need to get another book finished so I'm armed with chocolate!
DeleteI especially like goal #10--Don't get stressed! I'd like to achieve that goal in my life, too. And good luck with reducing your TBR pile and buying fewer books this year. Those are two tough ones. :)
ReplyDeleteStress is such a mood killer for reading isn't it! I need to remember that reading is fun! Stress begins every time I check my challenges or the size of the tbr!
DeleteThese are great goals! I am working to catch up on my tbr this year and try to keep it fun this year. I am sure that you will do great with these.
ReplyDeleteI hope we both do really well this year Carole!
DeleteAll of these are great goals and many of them are ones I strive for too. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSame goals every year and same failures! *giggles*
DeleteFour weeks ahead of your regular posts! And I thought I was well prepared with two weeks ahead ;-)
ReplyDeleteAnd I had to smile at 3). My initial reaction to the diea was much the same, though I really should adopt this one as a 2018 resolution too, given the groaning weight of my TBR :D
~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum
#3 is the impossible dream! And I don't really want to stop buying new books so that makes the goal harder! I do need to work on getting ahead in my prepper posts as they are more complex to write.
DeleteGood luck on your goals! I'm impressed by 4 weeks ahead. I can never manage to get more than one post ahead. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's a lot easier to keep it up than to get ahead in the first place, that's for sure!
DeleteI love how we all have at least one thing on our goal list that we just know we're not going to succeed at lol. But I hear you about needing to find more like minded bloggers. I've tried to find other indie SFF/paranormal lovers, but the very few that I have found didn't seem interested in responding to comments or visiting my blog, so... :-/ I even put a call out on Twitter once asking for blog recs. I got a grand total of one, and she never responded to my comments. *sigh* Anyway, good luck with all of these goals!
ReplyDeleteProblem is, even if we have the genres in common we might not agree on sub genres ie character sexuality, level of romance, book pacing, diversity...and so on. And the other person has to be interested in interaction of course.
DeleteI think that if I laugh hysterically at number 3... would that be rude? Could at least giggle? what is going to keep you away from getting your beloved books huh? love your resolutions. Especially the last one :)
ReplyDeleteGo ahead...you may mock ruthlessly! It is pretty funny when I spent £40 on ebooks today...*ahem* But it was a SALE! I got 20 books!
Delete