Wednesday, 3 January 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at http://www.wishfulendings.com/ to spotlight and discuss books we're excited about but haven't read, which may not even be released yet. 

NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.   


After his superior officers are killed in action, Corporal Josiah Key assumes command of the 3rd Battalion, Marine Raiders. In the tiny village of Shabhut, Yemen, while trying to put the blast on ISIS forces, an even deadlier enemy emerges: ancient, unreasoning creatures who tear into both U.S. troops and terrorists without mercy, leaving brutally dismembered corpses in their wake.

They are known as the Idmonarchne Brasieri, giant prehistoric spiders roused from millennia-long slumber by power-mad terrorists. These aptly-named ‘Arachnosaurs’ are hungry. They’re angry. And they have declared war against all of humanity . . . whose days might just be numbered unless Key and his unit can stop them.


I'm totally arachnophobic,,,I can't look at spiders in glass tanks at a zoo without freezing with terror so this cover freaks me out. But I do love reading about mutant spiders so this is on my list for sure. It comes out on December 26th but it'll be 2018 before I grab it!

12 comments:

  1. I got an advance copy of this, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Hoping it's as much fun as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate spiders but can't resist reading spider books! I hope we both like this one!

      Delete
  2. Ugh not a spider fan! I'd be skipping this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm petrified of the things! But I'm ok reading about them if I don't look at the covers or see one on my wall...

      Delete
  3. I never got around to this so thanks for reminding me. I need to put it on the January list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I can fit it in this year but we'll see how it goes!

      Delete
  4. I'm reading this right now. Just finished another arachnattack book and a glutton for punishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be interested to see your review of them!

      Delete
  5. omg chuckles you always find the most terrifying monsters! UGH spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this looks rather creepy! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I do! These ones tend to be hit or miss!

      Delete