Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at http://www.wishfulendings.com/ to spotlight and discuss books we're excited about but haven't read, which may not even be released yet.
NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.
They say it came from the night sky.
Streaks of light have crashed from the heavens, but they’re not angels or demons. They’ve brought something far, far worse. Something that turns people into mindless, cannibalistic monsters.
The flashpoint is Texas. A reporter follows her story of unspeakable horror south of the border. A wounded fighter pilot finally gets his chance to return to duty, only to find himself forced into a recon mission that the government has strictly forbidden. A billionaire with dreams of space is watching those dreams turn to ash when he discovers what could only be a crashed alien spacecraft. A brilliant geneticist conducting outlawed research comes face to face with a nightmare that is consuming the world faster than anyone can comprehend.
There's no time to stop the outbreak. This is A Time to Die.
This edition featured is the first edition but a new release with new cover is the second edition and it is came out on December 12th 2017 so I hope to grab a sample!


"Streaks of light have crashed from the heavens, but they’re not angels or demons. They’ve brought something far, far worse. Something that turns people into mindless, cannibalistic monsters." That part of the synopsis has got me SO hooked! :D
ReplyDeleteIt does sound quite intense doesn't it! I don't usually read alien books but this has caught my eye.
DeleteDoesn't really look like one I'd pick, but I do hope it works well for you!
ReplyDeleteI can never resist an apocalypse with all kinds happening but I don't usually go for ones with aliens. This will be a bit of a different thing for me! Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteI love how your covers are like awesome action movies. I bet you have very few boring moments reading all these books! :)
ReplyDeleteI certainly like some action in my books! I'll be on to the last Extinction Horizon book this week...so exciting!
DeleteSounds very ominous. I really hope you love this one. I hope the reporter isn't obnoxious. From the description, I made that assumption (with no basis at all I might add - just one of those days!)
ReplyDeleteThe female reporters all seem to be bitches from hell or desperate tarts! I hope this one is different...
DeleteIt looks great fun - I look forward to finding out what you make of this one:).
ReplyDeleteIt's different from my usual reads so I'll try and grab a sample and see how that goes.
DeleteDamn, this sounds like a lot of fun. Great pick.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping it will be a good one!
DeleteWow, this sounds like one intense read and so good! I hope you enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteI hope so too! It sounds good!
DeleteI can't wait to read your review of this one.It sounds like madness!
ReplyDeleteIt could be a while for a review as my books for the year are pretty much set out! I will sample it soon though...
DeleteOoh I like that first line- "They say it came from the night sky." nice and freaky! Love the crashed spaceship angle.
ReplyDeleteI thought there was a chance that this might appeal to you!
DeleteHmm, sounds like something that would make a good movie. Great pick!
ReplyDeleteCheck out my Wednesday Post
It would certainly be a film I'd watch...reminds me of Battle Los Angeles or something.
DeleteI wonder what the new edition cover looks like. This one's already pretty cool!
ReplyDelete~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum
I like the new cover...it has a huge plane in a cloudy sky flying over the zombie creatures! It's on Amazon.
DeleteNow that is a killer cover! And I'm always looking for the next series.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds promising...
Delete