Saturday, 16 November 2013

Stacking the Shelves/Sunday Post #16

The Sunday Post  








Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The Sunday Post is a chance to tell everyone what happened at The Book Cave last week and what will be coming next week. The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba @ http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/
 
Another crap week. I didn't know how much I relied on the Kobo I got in August until the damn thing died on me two days ago. With deadlines for review books looming, I now have to go back to reading on the computer and to get peace to do this, I'm now having to get up at 6am for a couple of hours reading time. Not ideal when I'm an insomniac at the best of times!!! The computer is housed downstairs for the whole family to use and I do all my reading upstairs at night with the Kobo. So this is a real problem! It will be at least two weeks before I hear news on whether the Kobo is being repaired or replaced and I'm going mad! I really did not need extra stress worrying about meeting deadlines. Grrr.

THIS WEEK AT THE BOOK CAVE:

READ AND REVIEW BOOKS RECEIVED:

 
 DOWNLOADS:
The downloads this week are from Smashwords and from Amazon now that I have downloaded the Kindle reading app to my computer. Great to be able to take advantage of all those Kindle bargains even if I do have to read them on the computer!
 
 
 
 
 
 


18 comments:

  1. I've read Ghost Hand. I really enjoyed it :-) Hope you like it too and your other books too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just getting started on Ghost Hand today! Leaving it tight for the review deadline!

      Delete
  2. So many books. They have such pretty covers. I see some that I need to add to my wishlist. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of these but happy reading!

    I remember the days of shared computers in my house. We had to budget time so all four of us could use it. Now we each have our own in some form and it is much easier.

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's a nightmare getting so little online time to catch up with reading!

      Delete
  4. Oh no! I can't imagine being without my Kindle! I hope your Kobo gets back into your hands soon!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's horrible! I've only had it a few months and I really took it for granted!

      Delete
  5. Nice haul - the Matt Archer series looks interesting.

    Here's My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I liked the look of that series. I'm glad I have until the end of January to get all the books read though!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been quite restrained the last few weeks...

      Delete
  7. I've read Eden, although it's new name is The Human now. I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

    Have a great weekend :)
    Check out my haul here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have they changed it again? Jeez! I've seen it as Eden and The Bane so far!

      Delete
  8. Oh no, I hope your Kobo problems are solved soon! Happy reading. My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish Kobo would get in touch about whether it is being repaired or replaced! I'm way behind on my reading now!!!

      Delete