Sunday, 29 November 2020

Chuckles Weekend Roundup

      Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 
 
Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
 
Sorry everyone, I was getting stuck into the continued changes to my bedroom. On Friday I tackled a few binbags which contained a lot of old newspapers and magazines, and I got them torn up and into the recycle bin which turned my hands into The Claw again. Yesterday was spent trying to arrange the bookshelves, finding places for the excess piles of books and getting other things into place. There is a huge improvement and most books are now on shelves. It took me as long to decide where everything was going as it did to hoof the books from bookcase to bookcase. Dealing with these hardbacks is tiring for sure but it all looks a lot better now.I still have to tidy my grey bookcase, redecorate a small mini storage unit with stickers and spraypaint, deal with the other binbags, and get everything else into storage units to keep things as tidy as I can. Never has my room seen a clearout like this and there is a lot more to do!
 
No time for reading at all this week which is a shame but I've been too tired every night and I really had to use all my time to do this big task. At night I've just been watching a bit of TV to chill out before trying to sleep. I'm now in official hibernation so no more buying from Amazon until after New Year. I am waiting on a few pre-ordered items to come like season 15 of Deadliest Catch and a couple of books, but other than that, I'm loaded for bear and ready to enjoy a few long lies on those cold winter mornings that are coming! I've had little time to battle Blogger so not much activity on that front this week but I'll get caught up today.

Chuckles Blogging World
I'm not far behind as weekend catchups go so I'll be getting a few posts put up today and finishing up blog visits and comments as usual. 
 
Book Reviews
none this week
 
Regular Posts
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Discussion Posts
 
The Chuckles Great DIY Nightmare #1
 
The Chuckles Great DIY Nightmare #2
 
The Chuckles Great DIY Nightmare #3
 
Reading Challenges
 
Tackling The TBR
 
Films & TV & Music 
Not much to report really. I've been really busy each day this week so just watched a few Harry Potters during chill out time available and caught up with Coronation Street from 1992. 
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
 
The Week Ahead
I'll be continuing to sort some stuff in my bedroom, empty a few binbags and sort through it and maybe move some furniture in my dad's room to get that out of the way. I'm not sure how much reading and blogging I can get to this week but I'll still be around.
 

8 comments:

  1. Wow sounds like you've been busy! Rearranging things can be tough so I don't blame you for being tired! Hope you've had a relaxing weekend to make up for it some. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate all this furniture moving stuff but it was long overdue and needed to be done. Next step is sorting the stuff I moved out of the room. That could take a while!

      Delete
  2. Your bedroom sounds like it’s coming along nicely, I badly need to tackle our spare room which is full of crap. I keep looking at it with no idea where to start. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The where do I start bit can make you want to cry. I think that put me off getting started. I guess I wanted it done so I could rest more over the winter. I hope you can find a plan for the spare room!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had pretty productive week. Hope the end is in sight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heavy work is over thankfully but the niggly bits are still sitting in bags and staring at me which accusations in their eyes!!!

      Delete
  4. I’m glad you’re making progress with the organizing! Have a great week.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Progress has been good overall but I need to get all the bags dealt with this week. Then I might be able to relax!

      Delete