In December 2018 I launched Tackling The TBR, a challenge to reduce
the ever extending TBR pile and 2019 was pretty successful in that
regard. In 2020 I intended to make a big effort to reduce my TBR by
buying less,
getting stuff read and getting rid of the things that I just don't want
to read from my bookshelves and my ereaders Maurice and Myrnin! However
the darn Coronavirus Pandemic has put the skids under all my plans and I
had to suspend the challenge. I've now decided to bring it back in a
bid to kickstart my TBR reduction as nothing else has been working.
The TBR total shown is the total number of books I own but have not read yet-wishlist books are NOT in my TBR! Sometimes there will be a difference between the books read and new total-if I read a book not on the TBR it counts for books read for the week but not for this challenge.
BOOKS IN
I'm posting my progress on the 7th, 14th, 21st and final day of the month as before, even if there is no progress to report and anyone else is welcome to join in. No rules, set up your posts how you want and when you want, just reduce the pile! And each week I'll add my new week to the end of the post so I can track how the whole month went.
November 1st-7th The TBR total shown is the total number of books I own but have not read yet-wishlist books are NOT in my TBR! Sometimes there will be a difference between the books read and new total-if I read a book not on the TBR it counts for books read for the week but not for this challenge.
BOOKS IN
-Books in refers to bought,
downloaded or gifted books being added to the TBR list.
BOOKS OUT
-Books read refers to books read that were ON the TBR and DNFed is obvious.
-Deleted from
the TBR are books I lost interest in reading, or sequels to DNFed books
I no longer want to read and have been removed without starting to read
them. These three categories added together are my books 'out'.
I'm posting my progress on the 7th, 14th, 21st and final day of the month as before, even if there is no progress to report and anyone else is welcome to join in. No rules, set up your posts how you want and when you want, just reduce the pile! And each week I'll add my new week to the end of the post so I can track how the whole month went.
TBR Start Total: 1546
BOOKS IN:
New Books In:
BOOKS OUT:
Books Read: 2
Books DNF: 0
Others Deleted From TBR: 0 Target Total: 1500
New Total: 1544
I'm happy enough with two books this week because both are big non fiction books!
********************

My TBR is in shambles. I'm hoping for better results next year.
ReplyDeleteSame here. This year has been a bit of a write off really. I hope next year is better in so many ways!
DeleteIt looks like you have the numbers moving in the right direction. I have been adding more than what I seem to be reading.
ReplyDeleteAt the moment I get things moving down then I either buy a few or discover some I haven't put in my Goodreads total so up it goes again! I'm sort of going round in circles!!!
Delete