Friday, 13 November 2020

Chuckles Weekend Roundup

    Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 
 
Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
 
Can you believe that we are in mid November already? Cold days and nights, rain and minor storms and getting ready to hibernate for winter! As Dave mentioned to you I have a touch of back trouble this week-nothing bad but enough to make me grumpy and prevent me getting on with the tidying I need to do in my bedroom. Today though, the pain has pretty much gone so I should be good to go for getting back into things. Tonight I'll move a few lighter things like my crisps, nuts and chocolate winter stash to a temporary kitchen home, to let me get started on the furniture moving as soon as possible. I just want it done! It's the final task before I can relax for the winter (other than the usual housework).

Righty, what else is happening? I got a few of books read this week,which I'm pretty happy about but it is still non fiction and Harry Potter at the moment. I can't seem to pick up anything else which is a bit weird but hopefully next year will be better! There's still about six weeks of this year to just read whatever I feel like and get the TBR down a bit so I'm not going to stress about it. I'll get done what I can get done and we'll see how it goes. I am getting into hibernation bear mode and just wanting to chill out a bit so you know Winter Is Coming!

Chuckles Weekend Roundup
I'm actually pretty up to date with blog comments and blog visits and I even managed to tackle a pile of book reviews, some of which I'll be posting next week. It was a surprisingly productive week overall and I'm quite pleased about it!
 
Book Reviews
 
Michael Bond-Paddington Takes The Air (Paddington Bear #9)

Michael Bond-Paddington On Top (Paddington Bear #10)
 
Michael Bond-Paddington Takes The Test (Paddington Bear #11)

Jenny Lawson-Let's Pretend This Never Happened
 
Chuckles Mini Review Catchup

Regular Posts
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles

#6Degrees Of Separation
 
 Discussion Posts
 
Autumn Blues #6

Reading Challenges
 
Tackling The TBR 
 
Films & TV & Music 
My dad and I watched the shortened season 12 of American Ninja Warrior which was great because we thought it would be cancelled due to the virus. I've started watching (in the mornings) Border Patrol documentaries from the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK and Ireland. Having once worked in airport security I find it fascinating!
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
 
The Week Ahead 
I'm hoping to get on with this long awaited clearing up to get it over with!
 

12 comments:

  1. Sorry about your back. Hope it continues to feel better. And I know what you mean about being in hibernation mode. That's all I want to do right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've overdone it over the last couple of months and my back is telling me it's had enough! I'd have had it all done by the summer if lockdown hadn't shut the charity shops for most of the year! I have to get my room done and then I can hibernate until spring!

      Delete
  2. How's the devilreads group thing working out for you? Still moving stuff over there? Or have you been acclimatized enough to blogger to not need to deal with it any more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moved copies of most of the blog posts I want to keep (minus graphics) over to the group. There is a huge amount of free storage on the group for sure! I was going to open the group up for everyone instead of the blog but it's a lot more work to do that than a few blog posts. But I'm still not happy with Blogger so I don't know if I can put up with this long term or maybe think about shutting down. It's an ongoing puzzle!

      Delete
  3. I’m glad your back is better. Enjoy your books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was...until I emptied a bookcase over two hours! I think I need to try and push past the issue and get this work done as it won't get better until I'm finished!

      Delete
  4. I hope your back is getting better. I’m quite happy to hibernate, every time I leave the house it seems to pour down or blow a gale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My back is a bit on and off right now because I'm doing a lot of moving stuff and carrying heavy stuff. It should get better once I'm done! The weather here is cold, wet and windy too. Rain I can deal with but I hate it being windy!

      Delete
  5. I am sorry that you were having some back pain. I had a couple of days that I was moving around like a really old lady because my back was killing me. I told the guys at work that I was not doing any lifting like I usually do. I hope you get everything sorted soon so you can relax and enjoy your books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so frustrating when the back pain comes as you can't do anything without it being sore! I just want to get this heavy work over with so I can rest for the winter but it's taking ages as we have to do it bits at a time. I wish I had Hermione's magic wand...!

      Delete
  6. Fingers crossed the back-pain doesn't return and you get through your final cleaning/sorting push! I'm looking forward to chilling over winter (no-pun intended!)
    It's been a long year and yet I'm still not quite able to believe we're in mid-November either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll come back until I get this work done I think! I want it out the way so I can try and relax this winter! I know what you mean. It has been a long and stressful year yet it's nearly over already!

      Delete