Wednesday, 6 May 2020

Virus Days 8


The latest news I have about my uncle is better. Last night the nurse told us when we phoned that he had been tested for the virus and was negative, which was great news. Over here, anyone admitted to A&E with breathing issues gets tested. He was also moved out of ICU and into a coronary care unit due to a heart condition that he never told us he had. Jeez Uncle, if we had known about the heart condition, we'd have insisted on him getting help sooner. I could scream! This morning we called to be told he was better and my dad was able to talk to him. He seemed quite bright and able to breathe which was a huge relief. There is still a risk of complications and infections but things look more positive. Thank you for your kind comments and support. *hugs*

It's turning out to be a really stressful week (surprise!) I was really annoyed last night as I was trying to get to sleep to discover that my crown had broken off for no reason. Great. That's two teeth that will need repaired when lockdown bloody ends. What a treat that will be. I'm just glad I don't need to pay for all this treatment.

To cap things off, one of our neighbours has been messing about with our bins and thinking we don't know they are doing it. We have four bins-grey general rubbish (every 4 weeks), brown food and garden waste (every two weeks), blue paper and cardboard (every four weeks), and green bottles, cans and glass (every four weeks). Two weeks ago we put out green bin and when I looked in it hours before the bin collection, I saw a ton of general and food waste shoved on top of it. We emptied it into a bag and told the bin men who kindly took it away. Last week I looked in our grey bin and saw a black binbag stuffed in which wasn't ours-we use white bin bags. Inside it was stuff meant to be recycled along with general crap. I removed it but I was really angry.

It makes me really mad because I follow the rules-rinsing food waste out of cans, bottles and plastic trays to recycle. Some lazy ignorant arse aka The Phantom Bin Bamstick who can't be bothered taking the time to put the right thing in the right bin is risking my dad getting a £1000 fine for this. That's two weeks in a row we could've been fined. And the culprit is doing this after my dad goes to bed, in the dark. Now we've had to spend nearly fifty pounds on bin locks to keep them out and I'll need to get up early every week to unlock it before the bin men arrive. As soon as we get a bin outside with the lock on it, we intend sit up through the night to confirm who it is and laugh when he can't get it open! 

I hope you guys are having a decent week and staying safe.

20 comments:

  1. Sorry about your broken crown. Tooth problems are the worst. But I'm glad your uncle tested negative and is doing better. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid thing. I only got it in August!!! Still at least it doesn't hurt which would be a lot worse! My uncle is relieved not to have the virus. He convinced himself that he had it!

      Delete
  2. Arrgghh! Neighbors! I love your nickname for them though. I am so glad Uncle tested negative and hope he has a speedy recovery. I bet your dad is relieved as well as you mentioned how super worried he was. Hope your stress ends soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as my dad's wrist is better, we'll try out the bin locks. That'll wipe the smile off their faces!!! My dad is feeling better as he was blaming himself for my uncle getting that sick. I hope it is a wake up call for my uncle too.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear about your uncle doing better, but ugh, he took such a hige risk!

    Your bin drama made me laugh (because it's absurd, really), but I get that it's serious because of the fines. Some people are just lazy and stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are times we could throttle my uncle for sure! I hope he might learn from this but we'll see! You're right, the bin saga is dumb when you think about it. Lazy idiots!!!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear your uncle is in the hospital, but glad he doesn't have the virus. Whew! Maybe you need a nanny cam on your waste bins. Catch him in the act!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully my uncle will be out in a week or so. He better accept our help when he gets home, the stubborn coot! We've been considering getting CCTV cameras installed but during the pandemic, nobody wants to do the job yet!

      Delete
  5. Ha! I need to copy your bin stunt -- we've got a similar asshat. I put a note on our bin and they ripped it off and binned it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate these people! If they can't be bothered sorting their rubbish correctly that's up to them but they have no right to dump it in my bloody bin!

      Delete
  6. Oh, and I'm so glad your uncle is doing better! My grandma gave us a scare like that, too, sigh. What a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've missed a lot! I had no idea your uncle was ill and ended up at A&E but I'm glad he's okay and tested negative for covid!

    The bin shenanigans made me laugh even though I completely understand your anger and frustration... People are so bloody annoying and some respect no boundaries! It's not difficult to sort your trash and put it in the correct bin. We have different bins in our kitchen so it's all pre-sorted when it gets emptied into the outside bins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not having the virus is a relief and it means we can safely go in his house to clean things up a bit for him coming home. I just hopes he learns a lesson from this about asking for help!

      We were watching this Friday but the neighbour never put out their bin until late the next day and by then I was on guard at the window!

      Delete
  8. we're in florida and starting monday it's everyone back to work. mr wonderful and i both have underlying conditions, so he will continue to work from home. it's times like these when the best and the worst of people come out. glad to know there are a lot more good people than bad, but we must stay vigilant. glad to hear your uncle is on the mend and doesn't have the virus.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Mr Wonderful will still be able to work from home-that will be a relief to you. Stay safe both of you. The numbers of deaths in the US make worrying reading.

      Delete
  9. So glad your uncle tested negative and hopefully he will be home soon. SO sorry about the crown and the bin troubles. How frustrating! Especially when there is such a heavy fine that they could end causing. I hope you catch them and get a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the idea of getting fined for other people being rude and lazy y'know? Gah! We hope to get the bin locks on before the recycling bin goes out in two weeks time!

      Delete
  10. I am glad your uncle is getting better. I can see where it would have been helpful to know about his condition from the start! I am sorry to hear about your crown breaking. That's no good. I would be quite upset if someone was messing with my bins like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could strangle him for not telling us about the heart condition-if we'd known we would've forced him to the hospital for sure!

      The bin messer is going to get what is coming to him!

      Delete