Wednesday, 13 May 2020

Harry Potter Diagon Alley #3

This is Diagon Alley part three. The two shops in this puzzle are Quality Quidditch Supplies and Slug & Jiggers Apothecary. Isn't that a great name for a shop? The first step as always was to make the base and glue it. I put in the front doors of each shop, started work on the windows and door surrounds then joined all that to the base.


The next stage was to work on the sides of the building and the full back of the building, then glue all the pieces in these individual sections together.


I glued the two sides into the base, (which you can see on each side of the photo above), and onto the front section.


 The front of the building has an upper level with protruding windows which was a little tricky. After attaching these bits on to their frame, I was nearly ready to fully construct the front.


After that is was time to glue on the full back and add the roof sections, completing the puzzle.

9 comments:

  1. I want to visit Slug and Jiggers. You may have mentioned it, but do you have someplace planned to showcase this awesomeness???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a cool name for a shop isn't it! I just want to spend a few summer days wandering around Diagon Alley and getting an owl and being all excited for school! *sigh* Yes, I've got the finished street on a bookshelf and I've put a post up about it!

      Delete
  2. Another awesome build! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one went to plan as it wasn't a hard build thankfully. It has been so much fun and I love the finished look!

      Delete
  3. It seems like you need a few extra hands to get those together. Turned out so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you build it then take it apart to go into the box for another day it's ok. But I intended to have it on display so I glued it all together. Trying to hold pices together as the glue dried was not fun!!!

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing! Such a fun piece, Chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a great project to keep the mind busy. I have quite a few still to do but I need to find some display space before I do another build!

      Delete
  5. I've got all four sitting on a shelf beside my bed and I can't stop looking at them!

    ReplyDelete