Friday, 22 May 2020

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
It really can't be Friday already. It seems like hours ago that I posted my last weekend roundup! I seem to have had brain fog all week and been a bit tired but other than that I'm doing fine, as is my dad, and my uncle is still slowly improving. The highlight of my week was chatting with Rodney the squirrel this morning as I put stuff in the bin! I'm finding watching him and the birds at the feeder somewhat soothing for the brain. Tomorrow I have an early start to check that the neighbours haven't dumped their crap in our bins overnight. Oh lovely, more excitement.
 
I haven't bought any books this week but I have been reading a book from my new reading list so that is some kind of progress! (I'm also still reading The Half Blood Prince) I hope to keep working from the list and get stuff ready for the charity shop, while clearing some space in my bedroom. I read a lot of apocalypse books but none cover the day to day anxiety that we are experiencing in this pandemic. I wasn't ready for that at all. The books also don't cover how we still need to do all the bloody housework! I'm going to be doing a post about what the pandemic taught me about prepping and where I can improve. I also need to get off my arse and get these book reviews done! Ugh!!!

Chuckles Blogging World
 I really do need to get these book reviews written. I never enjoy writing them at the best of times but it's taking a real effort to even THINK about writing them at the moment!

Book Reviews
none this week
 
Regular Posts 
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
 
Top Ten Tuesday
 
Discussion Posts
 
Harry Potter Diagon Alley #4
 
Horror Authors I Really Must Try #5
 
Just Get On With It Reading List
 
An Update From Chuckles
 
Virus Days #10
 
Reading Challenges 
none this week
 
Films & TV & Music 
I'm still watching a Harry Potter film every morning while I catch up on my blogging, so that is very soothing!  I'm watching Great British Menu season 12 at night as well as getting in some reading. I've finally given up my old MP3 player as lost but trying to track down copies of all the stuff on it to put on a new one is doing my head in!!!
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
 
The Week Ahead  
I'm not promising any progress on getting my book reviews done! I 'hope' to at least think about doing it. Sadly my plans are getting housework done, deleting unwanted files from the computer and clearing bits of my room. Exciting!
 

24 comments:

  1. I have several reviews to write, but never seem to have the time! If I could just sit down for an hour or two (or three), I'm sure I could knock them all out. I need to do it soon before I forget important details. ;)

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are book reviews so hard to write and take so long! It's the downside of being a bookworm for sure! I do take notes as I read to 'help' me write reviews but it seems to take just as long anyway!

      Delete
  2. Housework and anxiety. Yep. Those never show up in apocalypse books. :D Glad your uncle seems to be doing okay. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was writing an apocalypse book, I'd have to include both! I'm not sure when I'll be ready to read a pandemic book though! Hope you're having a good weekend!

      Delete
  3. Haha, I think I’m going to be a lot more critical of apocalypse books from now on. I’m glad your dad and uncle are doing better!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The saga with my uncle is going to be long running for sure. Now we need to wait for his house to get adapted before we can get him home and settled!

      Delete
  4. Yep, books are the hardest part of blogging for me too. I tend to do them in batches early Saturday mornings when I first get up and it is quiet and I can concentrate :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm being lazy and putting things off-I know I am and I'm bad for that! I need to knuckle down and get on with it next week!

      Delete
  5. This week has flown for me too -- I could swear it was about Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only way I know what day of the week it is, is because of the blogger memes! The rest of the time I'm lost!

      Delete
  6. I'm with you, I need to get so many reviews written but the motivation to do so (to do anything really) is non-existant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Motivation is certainly not my friend this year! I'm struggling to get anything done on the blog!

      Delete
  7. I don''t think I could read any dystopians or whatnot these days, because we are sort of living it. EEK! Man, you have the worst neighbors. Why are people like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The last think I need is to start worrying about EMPs, solar storms and nuclear missiles! This pandemic has been enough to be getting on with! I'm sort of having fun outwitting the neighbours though!

      Delete
  8. My medicine makes my brain a little fuzzy so I'm weird, I sit at my computer listening to music as I read a book. But I write notes for my review as I'm reading and write the review right after I'm done reading. Otherwise I have trouble remembering everything that I wanted to write in the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like something on when I'm blogging-it sort of helps me chill. Harry Potter is good for that! Sometimes I put on music or a favourite film as I read.

      Delete
  9. My concept of time is all messed up! I'm never sure what day it is and I'm always up way too late! Book reviews can take so long to write! I either have too much to say or nothing to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only know what day it is by the memes going up on people's blogs! My brain feels like cotton wool or treacle most days! Book reviews are the bane of my life for sure. I like reading them, I like the finished product but boy do I hate writing them!

      Delete
  10. Last week felt really long to me but I expected that since I was working towards a week off of work. Housework never stops! I think that things need to be cleaned more often since we are home all of the time. I have to force myself to write reviews at times, too. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Housework has seemed never ending in the pandemic and I agree that there seems to be more of it with everyone staying home.

      Delete
  11. I'm getting back to my TBR books too. But I also took a few days off and worked in my yard. We didn't have any flowers (in the new house) so it's been nice luring the nature into the backyard. We have hummingbird and deer as frequent visitors.

    And slugs lol But I don't want them,

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hummingbirds though I've only seen them on TV or online. I love the colours and the way they hover! We mostly get the foxes and squirrels. I'd love to see deer in my garden but there are too many houses and roads near me...

      Delete
  12. i have been reading a lot, but am finding the reviews are hard to write.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never find book reviews easy to write but during this pandemic I've struggled with it even more!

      Delete