Tuesday, 19 February 2019

Top Ten Tuesday-Shark!

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.  http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/top-ten-tuesday/

NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. 

I don't have time to look up countless books on Goodreads and see which are under 2000 rating. It takes way too long! This week instead I'm just looking at my ten favourite shark books!

1) Greig Beck-Fathomless

2) Rick Chesler-Hotel Megalodon

3) PK Hawkins-Shark

4) Chris Jameson-Shark Island

5) Carolyn McCray-Salechii

6) J Kent Messum-Bait

7) TR Schumer-Death Catch

8) Rick Chesler-The Tank

9) Viktor Zarkov-Megatooth

10) Hunter Shea-Megalodon in Paradise

14 comments:

  1. This is impressive. I don't think I have read even one book with a shark in it. Do you celebrate shark week? I love seeing all the stuff going around that time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I never bother with shark week on the TV-I'm not into the scientific side or behaviour studies and underwater filming of them feeding. I'm more interested in reading shark horror, watching scary films and reading about real shark attacks!

      Delete
  2. I love sharks and used to want to be a marine biologist as a child. Considering I grew up nowhere near the ocean, my parents were never sure where it came from. Thank heavens I found the rating filter on Goodreads or I wouldn't have done it either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fancied working in some specialist field to do with sharks, volcanoes, dinosaurs or things like that! My career's officer at school wasn't greatly impressed!

      Delete
  3. Great list! I’ve read a few books that mention sharks, but I don’t think I’ve read one that stars a shark.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sharks! There's nothing scarier than these monsters gliding along beneath you waiting to eat you!

      Delete
  4. I need another shark book. I have to go check my wish list. I know a couple of these are probably waiting there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any shark books. I so want to check out Hunter Shea so that would be a place to start.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want them all. lol I have read some McCray and LOVED it.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should read Hunter She at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get his new book on Friday! I need it for my March reads!

      Delete