Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do!
Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
I'm so glad that this week is over. It has been so stressful! I was at the doctor for my 2 monthly checkup and blood tests have been arranged for me on Monday, which is something to dread. I'm trying not to think about it right now. The nurses at our GP surgery are terrible at taking blood! Then for the first time in about 15 years, I was at the dentist on Thursday. The guy was very nice and understanding about my fears but I do need a lot of work. It'll take a couple of months to sort it all out and I'm dreading it! But it needs to be done so I need to try and deal with it all. Great fun! I plan to relax today and watch Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge with my dad as we both love it!
As I was brave enough to actually go to the dentist, I decided that it was a good excuse for a few booky treats! I've ordered a few audio cds of my favourite books which will be featured this week and on next week's roundup as they arrive. I've ordered a few more things for use in my kitchen-soft rugs to keep my feet warm when I cook in winter and new chopping boards. And I actually managed to deal with a spider this morning without running screaming for my dad! I've decided that with all the dental work my dad and I need that a change of diet is required. We plan to move from junk food to healthier snacks and from red meat and pies to fish and fruit which is easier to eat. I'm looking up recipes online that I saw on Masterchef that are simple so we can try new things as well. I wish losing weight was as easy!
DOWNLOADS
AUDIO CD
MISC
My chopping board set! They are smooth so easy to clean and they are flexible so you can fold them over and easily control the food straight from board to saucepan!
Chuckles Blogging World
It has been difficult to keep up with everything this week because my focus has been on getting book reviews done. I fell a few days behind with comments on my blog but I am back on track. I had to choose my priorities for blog visits with time being shorter but I got there in the end.
Book Reviews
Russell James-Cavern of the Damned
Carolyn McCray-The Shayu Situation
Gerry Griffiths-Cryptid Zoo
Jeff Menapace-Wildlife Reckoning
Chuckles Retro Reviews: Elizabeth Briggs-Future Shock
Elizabeth Briggs-Future Threat
Regular Posts
I went Around The Blogs looking for good posts to share with you all. Cover Love looks at Linda Coggin, Top Ten Tuesday features ten loved animal and monster sidekicks and Books From The Backlog is Slow Burn.
Chuckles Cover Love
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
Top Ten Tuesday
Books From The Backlog
Discussion Posts
Chuckles Chuntering
Book Challenges
Tackling the TBR
Reading Challenges Update 2
Book Review Backlog Challenge
Special Posts
none this week
Films & TV
I finished up watching Masterchef US so I'm up to date with that. I've already seen all five seasons of Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge but my dad hasn't so we're watching that in the afternoons while I blog. I'm also watching the last season of Masterchef Australia, which I love! Next up is Top Chef US!
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
Currently Reading/Up Next
I'm reading SM Wilson's third Extinction Trials book. It is taking a while because I'm pretty tired at the moment but I'm enjoying it. Next up I'm going looking for dinosaurs!








Good for you for tackling your fears. And yes, book incentives were definitely due. I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend. I plan on visiting Gpa but other than that reading lots. We also started watching a new series - Oath and I'm actually enjoying the new AAL football league so far. Those chopping boards are so awesome!
ReplyDeleteIt'll be two weeks of panic between appointments! And of course today I had to get blood taken which I hate because my veins are well hidden. Not likely to appeal to a vampire! Hope you had a great weekend!
DeleteI hope the dental work isn’t too painful! Enjoy your new books and chopping boards.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
I'm keeping everything crossed AJ!
DeleteI have those cutting mats too and I love them.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to eat less meat. I don't eat much now but I would like to be mostly vegetarian. lol
Karen @ For What It's Worth
Oh great, I'm glad they work well! I'm pleased with the look of them. I'm trying to get from red meat on to chicken and fish!
DeleteFingers crossed for you at the blood tests and at the dentist. Hopefully it will all be over as quickly as possible?
ReplyDeleteI love that your new chopping board set is all colour coded. That's a fab idea!
The blood tests weren't too bad though I'm well bruised! It's my yearly tests for thyroid and kidney function so nothing to worry about. It'll be a couple of months of dental treatment sadly!
DeleteYou know, I don't think I've read a fictional book with dinosaurs in them. I've read so many with dragons, but no dinosaurs! Also a random note, don't you love it when you buy a new appliance or tool and you can toss away the old one? Last summer I bought a new pan and I was so in love with it I didn't even want to use it.
ReplyDeleteElle Inked @ Keep on Reading
I do love a good dinosaur horror! I'm actually reading a Lost World type book right now! I do enjoy buying new stuff even if it for the kitchen! Bought some nice rugs that are due this week...
DeleteSnap! I was at the hospital this week for a load of blood tests AND had the dentist.
ReplyDeleteMy doctor surgery is the same when it comes to drawing blood... Couldn't hit a vein if my life depended on it! However, the pathology department at the hospital are blood sucking ninjas! You're in and out in under 5 minutes (no joke) and they hit the vein first time everytime.
Good luck with the dental work and diet changes. :)
Ugh, horrible when all the medical stuff comes along. WHY can they do face transplants but can't find better ways to take blood! It makes no sense! I hope your tests all go well and best of luck with the dentist too.
DeleteEverything is a good excuse for booky treats! Good job with the dentist -- I still have to be dragged even after years of the most gentle, careful dentist I've ever had.
ReplyDeleteTotally agree! There's just something sinister about the smells in the dentist surgery y'know...like embalming fluid!
DeleteYes, treating yourself to some new books is a nice reward for finally facing the dentist. I hope your visits go well. I used to donate blood because i have rare blood type with the RH factor and sometimes it felt like they were driving nails in my arm.
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy Hell Holes. I liked both books.
I'm trying to remind myself that even if it hurts for a bit, I can take painkillers later and it will quickly become a past memory! Ugh sounds like a horrible blood taking experience!
DeleteAww! I also just treated myself to a few books after a dentist appointment! :) I hope your blood tests go well!
ReplyDeleteErica | Erica Robyn Reads
Just regular yearly checks on my thyroid and kidney function so nothing to worry about thankfully! I'm hoping for improved results as my diet has improved...
DeleteSorry about all of the doctor's appointments. Those are never fun but sometimes necessary. I do think that a reward was in order :) I hope the blood draw goes smoothly for you tomorrow. It is really hard to change how you eat. I would probably eat healthier than I do but I have to keep in mind what my husband will eat when I plan meals. It is tough. I hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteRewards are definitely in order! It's a good way to de-stress...The blood tests went ok today-not as painful as I feared but it took ages to get a vein! My dad likes fish so he'll be happy to eat more of that!
DeleteYou know I have seen these chopping boards online a few weeks ago and was like - should I get them - shouldn't I get them? So, I will put them on my list to get. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteMary
I was pretty pleased with how they looked-looking forward to using them regularly!
DeleteOh..the dentist..I know they aren't evil, but I do dread even hearing the mention of them. I wish I would have known to pay better attention when I was younger and maybe I wouldn't have the problems I do now. Too late to do anything but handle it.
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I hate dentists, always have! I would never have dated one! My dad told me when I was a kid that his biggest regret was not looking after his teeth. I wish I'd listened!
Delete