Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do!
Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
I haven't been doing much this week other than minor tidying in the kitchen. We'll be finishing a few little things in there today and the kitchen is done. The new shower curtain is up and looks great so I just need to do the stained glass sticker on the window and the bathroom is done. I put my new rugs in my bedroom and I love them-one over my reading chair to give a nice fake fur to lean on and the other beside my bed. There is also a new big rug for the living room which is soft, padded and colourful! I also got new measuring spoons and the thing to juice the fruit by hand as I lost mine. Here are photos of the items as seen on Amazon where you can buy them if you like them.
LIVING ROOM RUG
BEDROOM RUGS
SHOWER CURTAIN
I've managed to do a bit of reading but not as much as I'd like. I need to get stuck in and get as much done as I can in the last week of the month. I hope to maybe fit in three more reads which is going to make a disappointing total for the month for me. I'm also sharing today the other things I ordered from Amazon that are here this week. My book buying is way down on last year so far which is good-I'm still buying books in series I'm following but no real impulse buys which is good! I'm also making good progress in deleting books from my e-reader and getting a few bags of books ready for the charity shop!
AUDIO BOOKS
Chuckles Blogging World
I've been trying to keep up with comments and blog visits but I was running a few days behind at the start of last week! I'm also trying to do a few tidy up tasks on Goodreads and hunting down episodes of obstacle course racing and food competitions on the likes of YouTube.
Book Reviews
Elizabeth Briggs-Future Lost
William H Weber-Surviving America's Collapse
G Michael Hopf-The End
Dean Koontz-Icebound
Sue Fortin-Sister Sister
LD Goffigan-The Beast of London
Tom Harper-Zodiac Station
Regular Posts
As always, I went around the blogs to find the best posts by other bloggers to share with you. Cover Love looked at Lana Popovic, Top Ten Tuesday was my favourite shark books and Books From The Backlog was about Unexpected World.
Chuckles Cover Love
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
Top Ten Tuesday
Books From The Backlog
Discussion Posts
Chuckles Chuntering
Book Challenges
Tackling The TBR
Reading Challenges Update 3
Book Review Backlog Challenge 2018
Book Review Backlog Challenge 2019
Special Posts
none this week
Films & TV
I finished watching Masterchef Australia season 10 and moved on to watching the first 4 seasons of Sasuke, the show that inspired American Ninja Warrior.
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
Currently Reading/Up Next
I read Primordia and I'm currently reading Primordia 2. I DNFed The Queen's Man. I also read and enjoyed Booked 4 Murder, a cozy mystery with quirky characters. This week I plan to finish Primordia 2 and fit in a couple more books for the Puppy Love Challenge.











Love the shower curtain and the rug. And what a great idea to throw one over the chair. I've been reading some but have to travel some for work (always home at night) which has been making me tired. I'm reading my last Puppy Love Challenge book now and then will start the next Kate Daniels book this weekend. Hope you and Dad have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteI have my eye on a gorgeous Game of Thrones soft throw! I'm itching to get my hands on it as a gift to myself for season eight starting! I looked at three Puppy Love books tonight, read one DNFed two! I won't get the reviews written by the end of the month though!
DeleteThat's okay. Just mention in a post what you read and link it up when I do the wrap up link! That's all you need to enter the drawing.
DeleteI'll see if I have time to get sorted at the end of the month. I'm a bit stressed this week with another dentist appointment to worry about!
DeleteThat shower curtain is great. I like fluffy rugs, but I can’t have them because of the dog. She barfs, sheds, and tracks mud across everything, so all of my rugs have to be easy to clean.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
Ugh don't much fancy the dog barf on my rug!
DeleteI love your rugs and shower curtain. That one rug is nice and bright, love the colors.
ReplyDeleteIt nicely matches the terracotta colours on the wall!
DeleteI love those rugs!
ReplyDeleteThunder and Ashes and Survivors looks awesome, I'll have to check them out. And I love the cover of Cruel Candy. Corgis are my absolutely favorite.
Ash @ JennRenee Read
Plague of the Dead is book one in the trilogy so grab that one first if you're getting it!
DeleteI love your living room rug! So graphic and colorful!
ReplyDeleteIt certainly brightens the room up!
Delete<3
ReplyDeleteSorry, no idea what the symbol means!
DeleteFabulous editions to your home. Hope you enjoy Cruel Candy. I have a stack of the books and will be starting the next one soon.
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I'm not sure if it is my kind of thing but it was free and has a cute cover!
DeleteI like the brightly coloured rug and shower curtain. I used to love changing the look of my bathroom with shower curtains and accessories but now we have one of those glass pane shower things so can't do it anymore. :(
ReplyDeleteI liked The Other Boleyn Girl.
I like adding a bit of colour to the place!
DeleteThat color block rug is awesome! It looks beautiful and lush too. Why can't I resist a book with a cute dog on the cover? I hope Cruel Candy lives up to the cover.
ReplyDeleteI'm very much liking the rug! Cruel Candy was actually a decent read but Fred really does indulge her dog too much with treats!
DeleteThe rug is pretty and looks so soft and the shower curtain is beautiful. I like the snuggly throw for the chair too. You must love sitting back and enjoying looking at what all of your hard work looks like:)
ReplyDeleteI think I'll enjoy sitting back once all the work is done! Today my spice rack will be up in the kitchen so I can tidy away the last few things in the kitchen and start using my new food prep area and chopping boards!
DeleteIt is the small things, like the rugs you bought, that really bring everything together. It sounds like you have added some wonderful touches to your home. I hope you can finish those last 3 books. My reading has been way down this month.
ReplyDeleteIf I can just get my dad to tidy up after himself then the place would be a lot tidier but he is a walking hoarder and dumps rubbish beside the bin in the kitchen which drives me mad! I DNFed a few books so I'll fit in most of my February reads but I just don't have the time to do the reading I want.
DeleteI love the colorful rug so nice. I am glad everything is going good. I am glad cleanup is going the way you want to. Have a wonderful week of reading and amazing job on tackling everything!
ReplyDeleteMary
I'm very pleased with the rug. I just need to start getting the place tidied up a bit but my dad's stuff is everywhere!
DeleteI love the shower curtain and the rugs! The living room looks so bright and cheerful and the other one looks nice and cozy. I'm definitely struggling with reading. Not in a slump but just not giving the time I want to give to it.
ReplyDeleteThe bathroom and kitchen are looking good but the rest needs worked on! I feel the blog is taking up too much of my time at the moment and stopping me doing other things including reading!
Delete