Monday, 4 February 2019

Chuckles Chuntering



I'm having another crap week and it is only Monday. Last night the stupid digital TV decided to break down again. This will be the third engineer that we've called out in three weeks and I'm sick of the hassle. We only got this new version in this year and the whole thing keeps breaking. My dad and I are considering either switching provider if we get a good deal or just doing without it and saving ourselves the money. We're not exactly short of films and TV series to watch and I would be keeping the internet. We're not sure what we're doing yet. I'm just feeling so hacked off at having more stress to deal with this week. I wanted to warn everyone that I'm also concerned about the internet suddenly breaking again so if I don't post for a couple of days, you guys will know that is what happened. *sigh* It is just neverending problems these last two months. It's wearing me down.

I've got a lot of work to get done in the kitchen this week to get everything reorganised. The plan is to deep clean my old food cupboard and get it used for secondary storage, making life easier for me and letting me start making new things in my 'new' kitchen! It'll give me a surface for food prep which I don't have at the moment and lets me get everything off the floor. I've also bought containers and racks to store things in so it will be neater. It's not a difficult job but it involves moving a lot of stuff out of the room while I get the cupboard in place and get it cleaned out, then moving all the stuff back in and organising the contents. It will be great to have it done as it will make my life easier but I could do without having to do it this week when I'm already stressed!

Need to go and get stuff done! I hope I don't lose the internet and that I'll be able to continue as normal this week!

 

16 comments:

  1. I hope you don’t lose internet! It’s so frustrating when electronics break. My internet went out last week, but it was only broken for a day. It was a very productive day for me. No internet distractions.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since November the digital TV has broken three times, the internet once, the fire in the hall once, my sterio, we changed the microwave, the stress of that garden fence...I'm fed up with it!

      Delete
  2. I hope you don't lose your internet on top of everything else. I'm sure you'll feel somewhat better once the kitchen is reorganized.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! I'm just browned off with all the hassle! I'm going to finish the kitchen tomorrow which will be a great boost!

      Delete
  3. I hope you are able to sort through your issues with TV soon. We dropped cable years ago and just have Netflix, Hulu, and Sling now. I could do without those but my husband is a TV nut so I guess he can keep it as long as I can keep my books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd miss cable if I got rid of it but I'm questioning the service we get for the money it costs! It could focus me more on getting films and dvd box sets watched and save us money.

      Delete
  4. I hope you don't lose internet either and sorry about the TV. I am sure it is the provider and had a similar thing happen when I switched form cable to another company. It just keep going out. So I went back to cable didn't have the problem again. I hope it works out for you in the kitchen! I don't know what I would do without space to prep.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is definitely the provider. They haven't connected the new boxes correctly. My dad and I are thinking about getting rid of the TV package and just keeping the internet!

      Our kitchen is a really weird shape which makes it tough to fit in a cooker, washing machine and fridge freezer unit. My cooking surface is the top of the washing machine! Now hopefully things will be better!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you have a plan for the kitchen. Perhaps the busy work will keep your mind of the TV and internet stress:) I hope you wind up with a good week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I look exactly like the zombie monkey on the post! I'll finish the kitchen tomorrow which is a relief and that will make me feel better!

      Delete
  6. Fingers crossed that you don't lose internet. How frustrating about the TV situation. Reorganizing stuff is always so rewarding even though it usually ends up being a much bigger task than I expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitchen has been a nightmare for a decade but now at least it is going to be more user friendly!

      Delete
  7. That sucks about your digital TV. Hope the rest of your week goes better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid thing is more trouble than it is worth!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you have a busy week and I hope the TV gets sorted out soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased that the kitchen is going to be sorted today and that is a big thing off my checklist! It's going to take longer to decide what to do about the digital TV!

      Delete