Thursday, 7 February 2019

Books From The Backlog-Montauk Monster


Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf.  You might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. Go to Carole's blog and add your blog post link in to join in the fun! Hosted by Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.co.uk/

This seems like a fun feature and I have been planning to take part since Carole launched this so at last, here we go! I have a TON of unread books to choose from in various genres and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with everybody. 


It Kills. . .

On a hot summer night in Montauk, the bodies of two local bar patrons are discovered in the dunes, torn to shreds, their identities unrecognizable. . .

It Breeds. . .

In another part of town, a woman's backyard is invaded by four terrifying creatures that defy any kind of description. What's clear is that they're hostile--and they're ravenous. . .

It Spreads. . .

With every sunset the terror rises again, infecting residents with a virus no one can cure. The CDC can't help them; FEMA can't save them. But each savage attack brings Suffolk County Police Officer Gray Dalton one step closer to the shocking source of these unholy creations. Hidden on nearby Plum Island, a U.S. research facility has been running top-secret experiments. What they created was never meant to see the light of day. Now, a vacation paradise is going straight to hell.


I'm a big fan of Hunter Shea's work and so is my dad, but I still have a few to read. This was my dad's favourite but I haven't read it yet and need to get to it this year! It has been on my TBR since December 2016.

18 comments:

  1. This is one of his I haven't read yet either. How cool that you dad enjoys him too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad has read a few more than I have so I need to catch up!

      Delete
  2. Another Hunter Shea novel on my list! (This does look like a really good one.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love government experiments that go wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that I haven't read Hunter Shea yet! I hope you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see what you think of this one. It was one of my first reads by Hunter and I had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is one creepy cover. looks good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't want to see that when you go swimming!

      Delete
  7. I loved it. I look forward to hearing what you think.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see this author around quite a bit. Enjoy! 📚

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love secret research and things gone bad. I will have to read this one too. I hope you enjoy it as much as your dad.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I love it! My dad is raving on about it all the time!

      Delete