Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf. You might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. Go to Carole's blog and add your blog post link in to join in the fun! Hosted by Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.co.uk/
This seems like a fun feature and I have been planning to take part since Carole launched this so at last, here we go! I have a TON of unread books to choose from in various genres and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with everybody.
Assistant District Attorney Dillon Stockdale is on the phone with his daughter when an EMP obliterates the entire electrical grid of the United States. Anything relying on a computer is fried, including the plane his daughter is on. Gripped with the terrifying realization the plane has crash-landed somewhere in the expansive and dangerous landscape of Louisiana’s Atchafalaya Basin, Dillon sets out to rescue her before it’s too late.
A harrowing survival story with non-stop, pulse-pounding action, Unexpected World is a story of good vs. evil, of a complex narrative of fight or flight, and mind-bending choices resulting in profound consequences.
Dillon Stockdale is determined, he’s well-equipped, and nothing will stop him. Or will it?
I love my EMP plots and when I saw this gorgeous cover, I just had to buy it! It's been on my TBR since July 2016 and I want to read it this year. I have books one to five ready to read!


I hope this is a good read - and that the adorable doggy survives!
ReplyDeleteI'm reading this one in March so I'll be able to let you know soon!
DeleteThis is one I've seen on Amazon and contemplated buying more than once. so hurry up and read it so I'll know if it's worth my time and money. ;D
ReplyDeleteThis is one of my reads for March so I#ll hopefully get it reviewed in April or May, depending on how quickly I catch up on the reviews!
DeleteMy husband and I were talking about EMP's the other day and how they would change our world. This sounds like an interesting story.
ReplyDeleteI can never resist the excitement and tension of an EMP story! I wouldn't want to live it for real though, especially as I live in an urban environment!
DeleteI really need to read an EMP book.
ReplyDeleteI love them! So many good ones out there! Today I'm setting up a new EMP shelf on Goodreads so you can browse them if you want to try one!
DeleteThis is so not for me but it sounds like a lot of fun! I do like the EMP plot!
ReplyDeleteThey can be pretty nerve shredding at times!
DeleteI know you love EMP stories. I love this cover and hope it's a good one. If you enjoy this, I'll grab it!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping this will be good! I love the covers!
DeleteThis sounds really good. I do want to get to more of these kind of stories. I hope you enjoy this one, Chuckles.
ReplyDeleteI can never resist an EMP story-they are always exciting!
DeleteOK...the dog clinched it for me. :-)
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I had set it aside for the Puppy Love challenge but time ran out on me so I'll be reading it next month!
DeleteOOoh!! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteErica | Erica Robyn Reads
I hope I do!
DeleteI love this plot. A dad getting his daughter good. I hope you enjoy the whole series since you have them all which is cool you can read them back to back.
ReplyDeleteMary
I'll certainly be reading the first one next month!
Delete