Last year I got my TBR down by 300 books which was great! In 2020 I'm making a big effort to reduce my TBR by buying less, getting stuff read and getting rid of the things that I just don't want to read from my bookshelves and my ereaders Maurice and Myrnin! I'll be doing this regular monthly post to show my progress-what came into the house, what I read and DNFed and what was deleted off the TBR.
The TBR total shown is the total number of books I own but have not read yet-wishlist books are NOT in my TBR!
BOOKS IN
-Books in refers to bought,
downloaded or gifted books bought either this week or a while back but
just being added to the TBR list now due to Chuckles being lazy.
BOOKS OUT
-Books read and DNFed are obvious.
-Deleted from
the TBR are books I lost interest in reading, or sequels to DNFed books
I no longer want to read and have been removed without starting to read
them. These three categories added together are my books 'out'.
I'm posting my progress on the final day
of the month and anyone
else is welcome to join in. No rules, set up your posts how you
want and when you want, just reduce the pile!
********************
Jan 1st-31st
TBR Start Total: 899
BOOKS IN:
New Books In:
BOOKS OUT:
Books Read:
Books DNF:
Others Deleted From TBR: New Total:
********************

Good luck! And Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteKaren @ For What It's worth
Thanks Karen and all the best to you too!
DeleteGood luck with tackling the TBR.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping for another good year, thanks Mary!
DeleteCongrats on making so much progress! I know that I own a lot more than 900 books that I haven't read yet so I think you are doing great!
ReplyDeleteI know I have a pile more on the e-readers that aren't on Goodreads yet but if I add them in three at a time each week, I can offset that by reading! If I added them all in one go I might get too demoralised and give up!
DeleteGood luck this year! And happy New Year!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Greg and Happy New Year!
DeleteGlad you're doing it monthly now, as all the easy chaff has been weeded out.
ReplyDeleteBookstooge.wordpress.com
It seemed sensible when most of it is straight reading now and it will be less stressful than weekly totals to fret over! It also means a bad week can be rectified before the month ends!
Delete