Friday, 24 January 2020

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
It has been such a busy week! I've been focused on getting my room rearranged this week. I've been tidying things away, rearranging books on bookshelves and getting stuff off the floor before I break an ankle on it all! I have a bit more to do tonight and I'll be done for the moment. Later this year I'll tackle the mess under the bed! *groans* I've also been working on my 3D Winterfell model and it has been good fun. I'll get a progress post done shortly on that. 
 
But most of the work this week has been about getting all the stuff on the TBR loaded onto Goodreads. I had no idea it could be so tiring! I've done six posts now, two in one day earlier this week (that was a riot!) and I *hope* that there is only one more to go. I want it done today or tomorrow at the latest to get it out the way. Now I think you can see why I was getting tired of drip feeding three books a week onto the TBR! I'm discovering books I forgot I had. Once this is done, I can start getting the books read as I haven't read anything this week (so no Friday Reading Roundup). I'm sort of looking forward to the challenge!
 
Chuckles Blogging World
I'm getting on with my usual blog visits and catching up on comments as I always do at the weekend. I intend to relax this weekend with either a few books or a couple of films or a dvd box set. Should be fun!
 
Book Reviews
 
John Major-The Autobiography

Regular Posts
 
Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Top Ten Tuesday

Discussion Posts
 
The Big Chuckles TBR Add-On #2

The Big Chuckles TBR Add-On #3

The Big Chuckles TBR Add-On #4

The Big Chuckles TBR Add-On #5

The Big Chuckles TBR Add-On #6

Reading Challenges
none this week
 
Films & TV 
Watching the cricket in the mornings, the news in the afternoon and political documentaries at night to chill out with.
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
 
Currently Reading/Up Next
I haven't read anything this week!
 

18 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a super productive week. Sometimes it's nice to clear things out so you can have a form of order. It makes it easier to focus and relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly productive! I do feel better now that I got it done and I'm ready to start reducing that increased pile. The problem will be deciding what I want to read first!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the rearranging! I hope you have a great week.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rearranging will certainly be a work in progress this year! I need to tackle each bookcase and weed out all the stuff I won't read again and get it to the charity shop!

      Delete
  3. A 3D Winterfell model? Cool! And I've gotten a few ideas from your TBR posts, since I want to read more monster books this year. So thanx for that! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has been a relaxing little hobby-I need to find a bit more time to do it. I also have my eye on the Red Keep but have no idea where I'm going to put the buggers! Yes lots of good monster books!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm now done! It was a lot harder work than I expected to construct the posts but it looks nice!

      Delete
  5. You TBR is a massive undertaking. I think I considered doing that once - logging all the books I owned physically and electronically, but I got bored, because it was taking a really long time. I admire your ability to follow through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of work but having everything on the computer along with a written paper copy of the books, which device they are on, page number and a few notes on plot-it really helps when selecting the next reads!

      Delete
  6. Well at least you got your room rearranged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a small corner of it! I have very little floor space to work with so I can only do it a little bit at a time! Next I need to tackle the junk under the bed, the excess books on the shelves and the junk on top of all the units and finish by tidying the TV unit! Ugh, lots to do!

      Delete
  7. I know you will be glad when you get everything added to your tbr. I can't wait to see what your 3D Winterfell model looks like. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased to be done now-relief! I can maybe now concentrate on getting some reading done! I'll be doing a Constructing Winterfell post soon!

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear there is another step in the TBR battle. Progress is great :-D

    Bookstooge.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow progress while I was adding the books for sure but I'm now ready to go! I'm trying to get through a lot of novellas to get them off the e-reader first!

      Delete
  9. Yay for productivity and getting through some TBR stuff. I really need to get mine figured out but I'm almost scared. I hope you were able to get some relaxing in! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every little helps! Getting the novellas done first kick starts my reading and frees up e-reader space!

      Delete