Friday, 17 January 2020

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
It's been a bit of a mad week so far with lots to do. In real life I have been helping my dad sort through cds, try vainly to rearrange my room to stop it looking like a war zone with dead books everywhere, construct part of my 3D Winterfell puzzle, plus the usual housework. On the computer I've been working on the first part of my TBR upload project, which was depressing but fun in a twisted sort of way. My reading has taken a bit of a hit this week because of all the other stuff going on but I've had fun communing with nature-we have a family of big toads living behind the bins and a squirrel living in a plantpot! He comes out to say hello when the car comes into the driveway or he sees us at the window. We decided to call him Rodney.

Last night I rearranged my cd collection, getting a pile I no longer listen to ready for the charity shop and moving my cd unit to a different part of the bedroom. I then sorted out the cds into categories and slotted them in. Of course it took all night and I had to chew on a couple of ibuprofen before I could get to my bed! It looks better though. I did get the last of my December reviews up on the blog which was good and I'm only four behind for the January pile. If I stay around that number, I'll be quite happy. I haven't had much online time this week but I'm not far behind in comments and visits which I'll catch up on over the weekend. No book additions on this post today as I'm doing my TBR add-on thing on other posts!

Chuckles Blogging World
It's been a busy week all in all so a bit of catching up is required. 
 
Book Reviews 
 
Richard McCrohan-Pandora

Chuckles Mini Reviews Catchup

Regular Posts
 
Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
 
Top Ten Tuesday
 
Discussion Posts
 
The Great Big Chuckles TBR Earthquake!
 
The Big Chuckles TBR Add-On #1
 
Reading Challenges 
none this week 

Films & TV
I watched a few more political documentaries and a bit of cricket from Australia.
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
 
Currently Reading/Up Next
I'm really tired this week so I didn't get much reading done. I did get two of my chosen reads for the week done but not much else. This week I'm picking a new political memoir to graze through and will try again to read a few horror books!
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Rodney the Squirrel. I love it. :D One of my goals this year is to listen to every CD that I own and decide if I still love it, or it's time to let it go. And I own a lot, so it's going to take me ALL year. But it's fun pulling out a CD I haven't listened to in a long time and realizing how much I still love all the songs on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rodney is quite friendly as squirrels go! We're putting out nuts for him each day so he has something to supplement his diet! My dad used to be a DJ so his collection is vast and trying to cut that down will be a nightmare! I'm going through my music to see what I can cut out-one of the many tasks I need to do to tidy my room!

      Delete
  2. A squirrel called Rodney made me smile!
    We've not got much in the way of wildlife where we are at the moment, though I did see lots of rabbits dashing away on our hikes this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rodney seems like a happy kind of guy. He likes to sit on my raspberry painted fence and watch the world go by! Bunnies are also cute but we don't get them in the garden sadly!

      Delete
  3. I haven't been online much this week either! Some random bug caught me midweek but I'm hoping to be at least semi functional this weekend to catch up!

    I could do with a sort out at home too... Reading about yours both spurs me on and makes me feel tired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These one or two day bugs are really annoying and always seem to come along when you're trying to get stuff done! I've just made a start on looking through cd's and getting rid of what I no longer want. I have so much to do to get the whole house functional and tidy that it does get depressing!

      Delete
  4. Rodney sounds cool and I'd love to see the puzzle. I bet it's a lot of work. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do a small bit of the puzzle each day. The worst bit was the base as bits kept coming loose so I just glued it all and that seems to have solved the problem. You don't see the glue under all the pretty bits going on! Have a great week too Barb!

      Delete
  5. I love puzzles, but have never done a 3D one. That's very cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought it was going to be too complicated but to be honest it hasn't been too bad after a few issues with the base. I'm still trying to work out where to put the thing though!

      Delete
  6. Haha, I like that you named the squirrel. We have so many squirrels in the yard that I don’t bother naming them. I don’t know why they hang around. The dog chases them every chance she gets. I hope you have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our squirrels seem to be pretty territorial and Rodney seems to be the guy for the area! We try to give the squirrels a bit of food as they don't do any harm to the garden-they do chew the bird feeders though!

      Delete
  7. Oh, you didn't mention on Twitter that Rodney lives in a plant pot! That's cute. I'd say decorate it while he's out, but that might put him off. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess he doesn't live in it but he seems to like to have a snooze in it on a regular basis! You can see this bleary eyed squirrel peeking out of it! We're putting nuts near it so he can have breakfast in bed!

      Delete
  8. Oh I love the sound of the squirrel and the family of toads! We have foxes and rabbits from time to time and I always enjoy seeing them. Sounds like you're making some progress reorganizing and clearing out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to live on my own bit of land with lots of wildlife coming to the garden. Peace and quiet would be lovely! I'm slowly getting things done so progress is being made!

      Delete
  9. I want to be friends with a squirrel. Of course, I am sure the dogs would run any wildlife off so there is that! It sounds like you were able to get some things done. It is always nice once you get things organized the way you want. I hoe you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that the dogs might be an issue! I'd love to go rural and have rabbits and badgers coming to say hello!

      Delete