Saturday, 4 January 2020

Bookish Related Goals This Year


Lots of bloggers and booky fans do the resolutions every year but we can get a bit bogged down with all the stuff we feel we need to do. This list is about noting all the stuff I want to get done in connection to reading and blogging in one place and trying to make a dent in some of it this year. No set target, just do what I can!

READING
No big targets or lists of books I must read-this year is going to be more relaxed and chilled out!

-Mood reading will be my goal this year
-Lower Goodreads Challenge total that I'll adjust up when I get close 
-Read when I want but watch films and TV as well
-Catch up on a lot more series
-Try and fit in the odd audio book?

BLOG VISITS
Doing Around The Blogs With Chuckles always keeps me motivated to visit blogs but sometimes I seem to run out of time. This year I hope to do a bit more...

-Leave more comments on blogs even if our book tastes have little in common
-Try to make positive comments and avoid most negativity!
-Catch up with the blog visits daily to avoid a big backlog
-Try to find a few more horror, zombie and apocalypse fans who will actually respond when I leave comments!

GOODREADS
I want to be on here a bit more for fun and not just cataloguing what I buy and read. Mind you, some of these tasks will not be fun!

-Fill in the old reviews despite having no notes for writing them. Oh yes that should be a bunch of giggles for sure! I don't even remember some of them!!!
-Try and comment on more reviews by blogger friends
-Weed out the friends list of those no longer active on the Goodreads site
-Re-arrange my Goodreads shelves and sort the books out 
-Use the reviews to decide which books sound to my taste BEFORE I buy the bloody things! 
-Start visiting the groups I joined last year!

ON THE COMPUTER 
Ugh I have so much stuff that needs to be done and I need to stop moaning about it and start doing something about it!

-Fill in the election details for the last four General Elections into my notebooks. OK I admit it, I love stats for things like that. At the moment I'm at 'B' in the list of 650 constituencies. *sigh*
-Delete the books stored on the computer that I no longer need and want
-Watch the documentaries I download from YouTube and get them deleted
-Sort all the crap that Microsoft put on my computer and find ways to delete it!

SOCIAL MEDIA 
I never seem to have time for the social media thing but I really need to do a bit more on the book promotion kind of thing!

-leave at least a message every day on Twitter...what I'm reading, what I read, thoughts about book subjects, links to reviews or fun stuff on my blog and those I visit!
-TRY to find time for some fun on Pinterest this year 

24 comments:

  1. These sound great and I know n you'll do great. I'm fighting the blog backlog right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly won't get it all done but putting a dent in some of it will be productive. Thankfully I'm only three reviews behind after a good few days...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you're going to have a busy year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be doing all of this-as I said the plan is to try and get bits done as and when I have time.

      Delete
  3. I made more time on Twitter this past year and it seemed to get a little more traffic to my blog. Some days I don't have time to visit blogs but I try to at least a couple of days a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly not worried about increasing blog visitors though a handful of horror fans might be nice!

      Delete
  4. I am with you on trying to keep it positive. I have been in a fake-it-till-you-make-it zone for a few months. I need to keep looking up. I loved spending time on GR, but I don't have the time I used to, and they blocked it at work, and I hate the app. --sigh-- I don't do a ton of social media, but I do share my current read and usually my daily posts as well on twitter. I post my book reviews to a board on Pinterest as well, but that's about it. Good luck with all these goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year got too stressful towards the year end with all the challenges and reading goals so my start to this year feels much better already! All the other stuff will get fitted in where I can! I kind of feel being on Twitter is pointless unless I put in the effort for the book side of things and promote some books. Finding time for Pinterest could be harder...

      Delete
  5. We have very similar reading goals this year. I've never been much of a mood reader but I'm going to give it a try this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mood is still on non fiction so I'm easing the fiction in with shorter reads-that's the plan but that could change! Mood reading was stressful a few years back when I could never decide what I felt like reading! I'm hoping things work out better now...

      Delete
  6. This is so encouraging, I got so busy and bogged down towards the last half of 2019 that I'm really hoping to manage myself and time better this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of us got too stressed out last year with reading, lists, goals, blogging and are looking for an easier year this time!

      Delete
  7. I really should do more with Goodreads... and Twitter lol. I didn't set any resolutions but maybe I should have :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to make a little more effort with both but time is so limited for everything I want to do!

      Delete
  8. Good luck with all of these. A couple of mine that I want to really work on are catching up on my own books and trying to visit blogs more regularly. Since I started working two jobs, I can't seem to find a routine to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think working two jobs is a pretty good excuse for being a bit busy! I get tired just thinking about the work you put in! I REALLY want to get the election results done and fill in the missing reviews but they are the most time consuming...

      Delete
  9. Good luck! I also want to be more active on Twitter and Pinterest this year. They get neglected because I don’t have time for them. I might start a Twitter thread for all the books I finish this year.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah anyone following me on Twitter didn't see many book tweets last year...I think I've done more this year already!

      Delete
  10. happy new year. sounds like we have similar goals. good luck and....i'll be watching. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you too Sherry! I'll be lurking around to cheer you on!

      Delete
  11. I love your goal of being more relaxed and reading according to your moods. Good luck with all of your goals, Chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly got me off to a good start this year! I'm enjoying my reading and having a day off blogging or a night off reading!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I figured if I wrote all my goals for the next five years in one post, I'd at least have a bit of success somewhere!

      Delete