Thursday, 12 September 2019

Books From The Backlog-H.I.V.E


Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf.  You might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. Go to Carole's blog and add your blog post link in to join in the fun! Hosted by Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.co.uk/

This seems like a fun feature and I have been planning to take part since Carole launched this so at last, here we go! I have a TON of unread books to choose from in various genres and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with everybody. 


H.I.V.E. (Higher Institute of Villainous Education) is a top-secret school of applied villainy where children with a precocious gift for wrongdoing are sent to develop their talents into criminal mastermind. After all, 'villains have the best lines and wear the best costumes'. One small catch is that the children cannot leave until training is complete, six years later. With villainy comes a certain freedom of thought, and every year one student in particular will show exceptional talent - after all, it takes the best to produce the worst. This year there are two students: Otto Malpense and his new friend Wing Fanchu are both exceptionally bad, and they are definitely not keen on being held against their will for six long years . . .

I've read the first couple of books in the series and really enjoyed them! The kids are chosen then basically kidnapped and placed at the school where there are classes aimed at teaching them every skill and trick needed to become a bad guy. Not all the kids want to be there and instead put their skills to escape. I loved the mix of characters, the humour and the action in an Artemis Fowl kind of way. Now I need to catch up with the series as I bought them back in October 2012!

12 comments:

  1. I love the meaning of the HIVE acronym!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read the first two or three books and love the characters, the training and the school! Another series I much finish next year!

      Delete
  2. Oh interesting. I read Artemis Fowl years ago and enjoyed it.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that type of humour and I think a lot of Atremis fans would enjoy this. Lots of action too!

      Delete
  3. I like those top secret school books. They are always so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed what I've read so far...I hope the rest of the series turns out as good!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, Chuckles! This sounds great. I love the idea of a school where they train the villains. I hope you enjoy this one when you get the chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read the first few in the series and enjoyed them-just need to get the rest read.

      Delete
  5. that cover makes me think this will be an action packed read and i love that. i have been reading more scifi this year
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first few books were really good, lots of action and humour. I have high hopes for the rest of the series.

      Delete