Saturday, 28 September 2019

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
It hasn't been the greatest week in the world but thankfully it is over and I'm cheering myself up by waiting for a nice package from Amazon due today. My pre-order of Vivian Shaw's new book and my replacement copy for that Anne of Cleves book I just reviewed will be coming with a new glitter lava lamp in a pretty shade of purple AND a Tudor trilogy I've been looking at for a while. Pretty exciting and after this crap week, I feel like I deserve it all! My reading has been disappointing as well-no books read at all! On the plus side I did get four DNFs and a pile of unwanted deleted off the system so my TBR is still going down. I just hope I get a decent book that I can actually finish in this coming week! Still, as long as I keep making a dent in the numbers I guess it's still golden!
 
PAPERBACKS/HARDBACKS
 
 


 
Chuckles Blogging World 
 I got off to a good start last weekend, feeling ready to catch up on the review backlog but by Monday I had to deal with too much crap off the computer and things fell away as the week progressed. Hopefully I'll have a quiet week next week!

Book Reviews
 
Chuckles Mini Reviews Catchup

Margaret Campbell Barnes-My Lady Of Cleves

Regular Posts
 
Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Top Ten Tuesday

Books From The Backlog

Discussion Posts
 
Chuckles Chuntering

Book Challenges
 
Tackling The TBR

Autumn Reading List

Films & TV
To de-stress I've been doing a lot of TV watching this week, binge watching Deadliest Catch seasons 13, 14 and 15. I never get tired of watching this series.
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards 
none this week
 
Currently Reading/Up Next
I had no luck finding a really good read, DNFing everything I read-Cabin at the end of the world, Snap, Lockdown and The Morgow Rises. The good news is that it means my TBR is still steadily going down towards 950. I'll take that but I do hope for better reading next week as I'm sliding behind in my Goodreads Challenge again. I'm going to look at these shorter books to get me back on track.
 
 

16 comments:

  1. I hope next week is a better one for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did turn out much better other than cold callers at the door!

      Delete
  2. I love getting mail, and an Amazon package really is a great way to lift the spirits. Hope you enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy waiting for that knock at the door!

      Delete
  3. Ooh Terror Mountain- is that a yeti? Hope that one's good! And I love lava lamps! I want one now lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have six glitter lava lamps and they are so nice in my room when I switch off the lights to watch TV!

      Delete
  4. I do hope you have a better week, Chuckles! Retail therapy can work wonders :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retail therapy is a lot of fun but is bad for the TBR! To be fair I did buy books in series by authors I like so that is ok!

      Delete
  5. Hurrah for the Vivian Shaw! I'm hearing good things, though haven't started it yet myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first book so I plan to binge read books two and three! I hope the series continues for a while so we can get more of those great coloured covers-I want a pink, purple and green at the very least!

      Delete
  6. i love going to the mailbox and finding packages. happy reading chuckles
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this week is better for you and you’re able to finish some books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better week thank you! I even managed not to shout at the cold callers!

      Delete
  8. Enjoy your books and your lava lamp! Fingers crossed this week has been a better one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a better week! No stupid companies bugging me plus a bit of reading and TV watching!

      Delete