Saturday, 6 October 2018

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
Another week gone and I'm trying to have a chilled out weekend! Those who read my Chuckles Chuntering post this week will know I've been letting my reading stress me out AGAIN so I'm trying to find a way round that and schedule my time to allow more films, TV and dvd box sets! I think my new way of doing things will be better so fingers crossed. The issue I have right now is lack of space everywhere. Too many books and not enough shelf space. Too many dvds and box sets and not enough shelf space. Seeing a pattern?!! The only way to sort that is to read more and watch more which gets me stressed! Huh. Maybe I'm going to find a way to read and watch smarter instead!

My bad mood this week was lifted by the support from you guys as always, so thank you for your kind words and advice. *cheers* A bit of booky therapy also managed to sneak it's way in there too! But I did sort two dvd bookshelves this week and we moved enough stuff to get in at the bookcases we plan to swap over so there is progress! Next week the charity shop are coming to collect excess furniture we have no space for and 4 bags of books that I'm parting with so that will also help. I can see light at the end of the tunnel! By the end of this month I hope the main work is done and we can then sort the small jobs gradually through the winter. 

DOWNLOADS



PAPERBACKS

I picked up books from continuing series I've been following-book 10 of Bug Out California by Robert Boren, book 14 in Final Dawn, book 5 in Yellowstone Event, book 11 in Alone, all by Darrell Maloney and book 17 in Voodoo Plague by Dirk Patton. I also picked up a new copy of The Secret Bride as my copy was a bit wrecked.



Chuckles Blogging World 
Another week has passed and none of the new people I've been following have come by my blog to say hello which is disappointing so during this week I'll be doing another book cull and cutting my followings back to those who do visit back! I have lots of stuff to tidy on the computer over the winter but I'm lacking the motivation to get it done!

Book Reviews 

 Eli Constant-Dead Trees (retro)
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/chuckles-retro-reviews-dead-trees-by.html

Crouch/Kilborn/Strand/Wilson-Draculas (retro)
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/chuckles-retro-reviews-dead-trees-by.html 

Jack Kilborn-Afraid (retro)
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/chuckles-retro-reviews-afraid-by-jack.html

Jamie Hutchison-Red Swarm (retro)
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/chuckles-retro-reviews-red-swarm-by.html 

Tim Waggoner-Teeth of the Sea
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/book-review-teeth-of-sea-by-tim-waggoner.html

Hunter Shea-Fury of the Orcas
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/book-review-fury-of-orcas-by-hunter-shea.html 

Regular Posts
 I went Around The Blogs to see what people were posting last week and Prepping With Chuckles looked at why it is important to have Food Storage. Cover Love featured Walter Jury and Sarah Fine, Top Ten Tuesday was Games, Contests and Trials part 2, Can't Wait Wednesday was Lemuria and Books From The Backlog was One Second After.

Chuckles Cover Love
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/09/chuckles-cover-love-94-walter-jurysarah.html

Around The Blogs With Chuckles
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/around-blogs-with-chuckles_99.html 

Top Ten Tuesday
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/top-ten-tuesday-games-contests-and.html

Can't Wait Wednesday
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/cant-wait-wednesday-lemuria.html

Books From The Backlog
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/books-from-backlog-one-second-after.html 

Prepping With Chuckles
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/prepping-with-chuckles-importance-of.html 

Discussion Posts 
Chuckles Chat looked at upcoming recommendations posts and the first part focused on Classic, Gothic and Historical Horror. Chuckles Chuntering was about getting stressed with reading and a lack of time to get things done.

Chuckles Chat-Upcoming Posts
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/09/chuckles-chat-upcoming-posts.html  

Chuckles Chat
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/chuckles-chat-84-classic-gothic.html

Chuckles Chuntering
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/chuckles-chuntering.html 

Film & TV Reviews
This week I was catching up with episodes of drama series Coronation Street which includes reruns of 1990 shown in the afternoons at ten episodes a week, and the 6 episodes showing every week from 2018. Addicted! 

Special Posts 

September Specials-Final Update
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/09/september-specials-final-update.html 

Halloween Horrorfest
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/halloween-horrorfest.html

Book Tags/Blog Awards 

Back To School Book Tag
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-back-to-school-book-tag.html 

Halloween Creatures Book Tag
https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2018/10/halloween-creatures-book-tag_3.html 

Currently Reading/Up Next
This was a good reading week. I read four film based books-Halloween, I know what you did last summer and I still know what you did last summer screenplay and Who Goes There, which was the basis for The Thing. I've also read Cavern of the Damned and started Cryptid Zoo. Not bad at all so far. First update for Halloween Horrorfest will be up on the blog tomorrow.


18 comments:

  1. I hear you with the reading stress. I've been in exactly the same position lately - feeling way too overwhelmed and as though I need to be reading a certain amount of books by a certain time, etc. Just needing time out from it all with Netflix and youtube is usually my go-to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does grind you down at times doesn't it! I refused to read last night and just tidied my room and then watched some TV for fun!

      Delete
  2. Purging books always makes me feel better. Having stuff everywhere stresses me out. Enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that my room looks fit to live in, I can gradually cull the books I don't want to keep. I might need to reread a few and make a decision on them at some point.

      Delete
  3. I'm loving the cover for Cryptid Zoo! It's weirdly fascinating, but definitely eye-catching. I'm about to look it up on Goodreads. Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the book lives up to the cover! My entire sea monster collection has been put up in a new post today so hopefully you'll find more that interest you!

      Delete
  4. Ooh I See You and Exit Strategy look great to me. Reminds me I still need to buy Exit Strategy and read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the cover of I See You that caught my eye and it gets a pretty good write-up. I'm not sure where to fit in Murderbot-I guess as it is a killer robot I could justify it this month!

      Delete
  5. I do hope you find time to manage all that you would like to do. it's no fun stressing over stuff. I listened to I See You on audiobook and I remember I was surprised by the ending. I hope you enjoy it. Have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do myself any favours with the stress! I have to try and remember that I don't need to do anything, just have fun with what I decide to do each night!

      Delete
  6. Book therapy is always a good thing, and I see Clare Mackintosh up there. I love her books! Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like curling up with a book I'm enjoying!

      Delete
  7. Glad all the hard work is paying off. I have to declutter my book cases too and get my brothers (he was living with me) stuff out of there and make it my office. I have it on my list but haven't moved to do anything. We shall see, winter is coming and it is a good time to do it. I really would like to read something by Preston & Child - I still haven't yet but there books are everywhere here.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always seem to have too many things that need doing! Ugh! I'm looking forward to a rest this weekend and it's only Tuesday!

      Delete
  8. Your current reads look fabulous and I love the cover for Zoo.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cryptid Zoo turned out to be fun. A bit scary for kids though!

      Delete
  9. I see Exit Strategy on your list! I can't wait to read that one but I am going to wait for my turn at the library. I hope it comes soon. I must say that one thing that I really like about ebooks is the lack of clutter. I have a lot of paper books but space is a real issue. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure when I'll get to Murderbot but I might find an excuse to squeeze it in this month! Ebooks are certainly good for saving space. My shelves need to get some space back!

      Delete