Tuesday, 30 October 2018

Top Ten Tuesday-Favourite Slasher Films

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.  http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/top-ten-tuesday/

NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. 

This week I decided just to do a list of ten favourite slasher horror films/film series.

1) Halloween
2) Sleepaway Camp
3) The Burning
4) Friday the 13th
5) Scream
6) My Bloody Valentine
7) Fatal Games
8) Pieces
9) Stagefright
10) I know what you did last summer

18 comments:

  1. There's nothing like a good old slasher film for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had been able to watch a few this year!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, Sleepaway Camp. I LOVE that film. The ending was a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I particularly loved Angela in the sequels-she was so funny!

      Delete
  3. Halloween's my top slasher/horror film, too. I watch it every October. (And usually catch a few of the other Halloween movies, too, even though they're not as good.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Halloween and can't wait to see the new one. It's not a slasher so it isn't on the list but I always watch the original film of The Fog!

      Delete
  4. Gosh, I can't do slasher films anymore, as I grew older I found I preferred the more atmospheric/psychological kind of horror movies! But ah, I still remember the great time I had when I was a kid with Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, etc.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a good scary slasher film or series! I like the gory ones like Saw too!

      Delete
  5. I was flipping through TV channels recently and saw part of one of the Halloween movies. Some kids were having sex and got pitchforked in the back. It was gross, but I had to go to work and couldn’t watch the rest of it. :(

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that was Halloween 5? Not the best of the series but still fun slasher entertainment!

      Delete
  6. I watched a lot of slasher movies in my youth, and have seen about half of these (which impressed me). I would add the original Nightmare on Elm Street and all those Stephen King movies if I made a list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might do a few more lists of different types of horrors-had planned to do it in October but ran out of time! I did also like the Freddy films.

      Delete
  7. I used to watch a lot of slasher films. I think I actually just watched a few movies but watched them often. I think I wore out my copy of Nightmare on Elm Street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched Dream Warriors on a daily basis one summer! I was addicted to Freddy then but it's been a while since I watched them!

      Delete
  8. I've already rewatched some of these for spooky month. Kind of scary that I've watched so many slasher films. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this kind of film! The tension and violence of the killer stalking the victims!

      Delete
  9. I like spooky and creepy but slasher films don't do it for me. Hope all of you enjoy them.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like most horror as long as it isn't too slow to get into it!

      Delete