Friday, 1 August 2014

All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris (Sookie #7)


Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has her hands full dealing with every sort of undead and paranormal creature imaginable. And after being betrayed by her longtime vampire love, Sookie must not only deal with a new man in her life—the shapeshifter Quinn—but also contend with the long-planned vampire summit.

The summit is a tense situation. The vampire queen of Louisiana is in a precarious position, her power base weakened by hurricane damage to New Orleans. And there are some vamps who would like to finish what nature started. Soon, Sookie must decide what side she'll stand with. And her choice may mean the difference between survival and all-out catastrophe.
 


This review contains spoilers!

My Review:
Arlene becomes openly hostile to Sookie about her relationship with monsters but she has enough to contend with when Jason marries Crystal against her wishes. Sookie hopes that going to the Vampire Summit as the Queen's ears will take her mind off it and let her spend some time with Quinn. But the Queen is to go on trial for murdering her husband, and there is a plot by the Fellowship to kill them all.

The day to day stuff at the summit wasn't very interesting to me. It was the usual vampire posturing, Sophie-Anne planning her case and everyone trying to solve the mystery of the dead vampires that she had a grudge against. It was a bit of a drag as was Sookie trailing around all the time trying to find Quinn. I thought it was nice to see Barry the Bellboy back again and doing an important job. Sophie-Anne's woes really didn't rivet me but the part where the bombs were going off and everyone is in danger was really well written. You were worrying about your favourite vamps being ok ie Pam, Bill and Eric! I did enjoy the wedding before the bomb as well, but the trial wasn't that exciting. There were too many bland bits in this book which was a shame.

So the good stuff. Amelia moves in with Sookie so she has a proper friend at last(I don't really count Tara as a REAL friend). Claudine is here again and I really like her character. Pam trying to play matchmaker for Sookie and Eric. I do love the way they are slowly turning Arlene into a fanatic, copying her Fellowship boyfriend. It is a great storyline and I also like the way Jason is developing into a much nicer guy. I also like Calvin's character-he's interesting and some more back story on him would be nice. Jason must be nuts to marry that cow-she is going to break his heart. I really don't like her! Can you imagine him and Pam getting together? Now that would be fun even though Pam prefers ladies...

Eric of course was fun as the Vampire Priest and I also liked the way that he was watching out for Sookie when Andre started to hassle her. I felt that Andre had to die but I wanted it to be Bill who killed him to make amends to Sookie. I'm still not that keen on Quinn. He just doesn't have enough depth or interest for me. He doesn't seem to serve a real purpose except occasional sex buddy. And I just hope that we can get back to the events with our favourites in Bon Temps and leave this political vampire stuff behind.
star rating photo: Three Star Rating 3stars.png

No comments:

Post a Comment