Thursday, 17 July 2014

My Latest Musings #9


I've decided each week to talk a bit about my previous week and what I enjoyed reading and watching, my plans for the coming week and any news I have. Hopefully that will motivate me to get things done!

So it has been a week since I posted my last blog message. As most of you know, my mum died three weeks ago and I was not motivated to do very much. Over the last ten days my dad and I have had to tackle all the legal stuff, clear out our house of everything she hoarded for years(how many plates and cups do we need???) and deal with financial issues. I have had very little time on the computer to check emails and do essential stuff never mind trying to blog etc. 

However, we are slowly getting there. Today the kitchen was finished and it looks a lot tidier. That was three days of hellish work thanks to a bag of potatoes fermenting under a pile of old clothes on a chair that we had forgotten about. We started to notice a rank awful smell and then I saw a puddle of what looked like black tar on the floor under the chair. I had a sniff at it and it nearly blew my head off! Jeez it was awful! The two of us were gagging as we cleaned it up and scrubbed the floor. It was the excuse we needed to get the kitchen fully tidied and deep cleaned. So I suppose it was worth it!


We still have a lot to get through but I hope to be online more in the next week or two. There was no Stacking the Shelves this week as I didn't download or buy any books. Not sure if there will be one this week. Anyway, hope to see you guys soon!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my dear. You both with get there. You will. You are doing very well. **hugs** Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week has been a bit better. Bad days will come and go but I think I'm starting to get back into a routine again which will help. Thanks Melissa!

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I remember helping to clear out my nan's house when she died -- it was just like that. Good thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we did the right thing getting on with the task straight away. I think the longer you leave things the harder it would be. We've pretty much got my parent's bedroom finished and the kitchen is done. A bit of furniture removal and clearing still needed in the living room and my own bedroom needs a HUGE overhaul!!!

      Delete
  3. It's certainly not an easy task, and your poor old dad must really be feeling it too. Even picking up something really inanimate can have memories attached to it. I think you've got the right idea, if you're able to get stuck into it, it'll also give your mind something busy to do as well. Good luck and will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's things like old birthday cards that seems to set me off. The one thing I can't bring myself to tackle yet is old photos though. I might need to leave that a bit longer. Thanks for your kind words x

      Delete